Saturday, October 20, 2018

Antebellum Album


I've been meaning to share a photo of this block with you for a while.  This is block 9.  3 more blocks to go.


I need to think about how I am going to put this quilt together.  I have a couple of different settings in mind.

I went to the Doctor's on Monday.  I was told that my sugar levels were high.  I had to start eating better and get more exercise.  She said walking would be good.  I started out walking on the treadmill because our weather was raining and cold.  Thursday it was still cold but the sun was shining and the sky was clear.  We decided to go to Metro Park by the lake.  

We took our dog Sammie with us.  She loves the park.  She gets so excited.  Usually early in the morning the park has few walkers.  Thursday however they were hosting a Cross Country event for all the local High Schools.  Sammie doesn't do well with lots of people.

She started running and barking and going one way and then the other.  And ran right in front of me and I fell.  Well not just fell....I slammed down on the ground, just missing the paved walkway.  My head hit the ground.  Broke my glasses.  Skinned my nose, cut my cheek and bruised my lips.  Oh and I had a nose bleed.  Needless to say yesterday I had the mother of all headaches.  But today I woke up feeling so much better.  Didn't even have to take any pain pills this morning.  So hopefully I can get some sewing done.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

16 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about your fall. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Julierose said...

Ohmygosh--so sorry to hear about your fall...geeze and here you were trying to be good..;000 I hope you are okay?;(((
I use my treadmill a whole lot--where I can hold on..
I am trying to lose weight too--not an easy task at all...I am cutting out sugary stuff...and trying to go lo-carb--let me know how you do...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Oh, Cathy, so sorry to hear of your dive/plunge (either one of those seems to describe what happened more than the word "fall").
Hope you heal rapidly!

belarmina said...

Ohhhh Cathy siento tu caída!! Deseo que pronto te recuperes.
Tu bloque es bonito, tu edredón sera fantastico.
Buen domingo

Kyle said...

Oh, bummer!! So much for walking to keep you healthy. Hahaha. Glad you weren't hurt bad. Today is another day to start again.

sandi s said...

I’m glad your doing better! I fell a couple weeks ago and got almost the same bang up. I tripped over the dog bed in my bedroom. Busted lip and nose and lots of bruises. Fell better and I love your block. Hugs,

Robin said...

Your blocks is really lovely. Take care of yourself!!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh Cathy, what a shame! I am sure that Sammie will not be walking with you again except on a lease!

On the sugar levels - they did not warn me on the glucose levels until my A1C hit 6.8 then they told me I was diabetic - 3 Oct 2018. I immediately quit all carbs with the exception of cashews for a snack in the afternoon. I have dropped almost 7 pounds so far. I want to lose 13 more. But I am a walker and walk 30 minutes each morning. I have done the walking/jogging for 40 years and I think it saved me many times. I thought I just had to watch sugars. NOPE it is the Carbs!

Have you had a blood test called A1C? It will tell you that you are pre-diabetic, or diabetic. Much luck to you on this.

AND please be careful with Sammie. I would love to have a dog, but do not want to be falling or tripping over them.

I like your block! Hoping that you heal soon! Poor Baby!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Cathy, check out my post where I discuss the change in my diet.
https://doitrightquilter.com/2018/10/14/october-progress-in-quilts-and-life/

Take care, hugs

Allie said...

Oh golly!!!! I'm so glad you didn't break anything, Cathy!! Well, except your glasses, which is bad enough, but at least no broken bones....sheesh! I think I would stick to the treadmill....I've been thinking about a dog, a poodle as they're hypoallergenic [youngest son is allergic] but that is a concern. I pray you're all healed soon!
Love your block!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

That sounds like a scary fall--hope you heal quickly. Your block is so pretty--love it! Take care!

Sue McQ said...

So sorry to hear about your tumble! Glad to know you are on the mend. Blessings.

Lori said...

So much for doctors orders! Is it possible to get a halter style leash so you have more control?
I have 2 big dogs and always have to be careful when I'm on the trail or out walking them.
Love your quilt block.

Karen said...

I hope you are about recuperated from your accident!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh no! You poor thing. I have to say I have experienced the same thing and our dog was a Dachshund! I guess it doesn't matter how tall they are when they get in your way! Sure hope you will feel better soon.

Ruth said...

That is awful! I fell recently because there was a cord across the sidewalk where some people were charging the battery on a car in the street. I didn't see it and went down hitting my knee (for the 3rd time) pretty hard and my head just barely hit the ground but not hard. I also was warned by my doctor that I am pre-diabetic, so I am working on that. I hope you are having better luck with your walks. I usually walk about a half hour per day with my neighbor, but should do more exercise too. BTW, I love that block and plan to make some of the antebellum blocks to go with the blocks Barbara Brackman did another year. Your fabrics are beautiful!