Thursday, September 13, 2018

Show and Tell

I started a new quilt.  16 patch blocks made using jelly roll strips.  I'm trying to make 2-4 blocks a day.




I am slowly working on my Simple Summer Sampler quilt from last year.  Blue seems to be my go to color.



I finished another quilt top.  It was made using a jelly roll.  All the jelly roll strips were cut into 6 1/2" pieces.  Definitely not the fabrics I tend to use.  However I had this jelly roll and a new pattern and tried it out.  It is a lap size.



In between working on Sweet Land of Liberty and Dearest Boy applique blocks I prepped another block for my Red and Green quilt.  I'm happy with the way it looks.  I'm not sure how many more blocks I want to make.



Well here in Michigan our weather has been a roller coaster.  One day the temps have been 90 - 100 degrees.  The next day it was 69.  We had a few days of beautiful sunny 76 degrees.  Then we had a few days of rain.  Today it looks like more rain.  And the weekend is bringing the temps up in the 80's.  I guess that is why they say when in Michigan if you don't like the weather...wait a day, it will change.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to come back on the 15th to see the latest Dearest Boy block.

Hugs, Cathy


7 comments:

Kyle said...

Your jelly roll quilt is super cute. It looks like it went together quickly. That leaves more time for your applique. Your latest block is lovely. I'm heading to Detroit at the end of the month. I'm hoping for perfect fall weather. Is that too much to ask!

Robin said...

You are certainly staying busy with all your projects. I've always wanted to make a 16-patch quilt with the floral leftovers from my daughters dresses. It looks like it would be a great quilt to make. I'm still plugging along with the Sweet Land of Liberty blocks. The good news is that I'm almost done.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You certainly are keeping busy. I really like the brightness and fun of the jelly roll quilt and the serene elegance of the Dear Boy quilt.I've got a long ways to go to make my Sweet Land of Liberty blocks.

Janet O. said...

I made a 16 patch once--loved it.
Your blue/white block is very crisp looking.
Good job on your applique block!

Needled Mom said...

The blues are so pretty. I really like that jelly roll pattern and your flower is beautiful.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! That's a lot of show and tell! Surprisingly enough, I too like that jelly roll quilt and I think we have similar fabric taste. It is fun to do something out of the box for a change isn't it?

Allie said...

You've sure been staying busy, girl! Love the jelly roll quilt! And your applique block is wonderful!