Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's Time

To show the next block in the Dearest Boy saga...



What you say...it doesn't look like the block in the book.  You are right.  Life is too short and too busy and I don't have the patience for all that technical work.  So I found a block in EQ8 and used it for my baskets.

I truly admire those who did the block as it was in the pattern.  I just wasn't up to it.  I am very happy with my little baskets.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit the blogs of the sew along quilters,
KarenJulieCarole, and Doreen.

This coming week I am staying at my daughter's house keeping my granddaughter company while her parents go to Las Vegas.  They go once a year and I go to her house.  Luckily she lives 5 minutes from my house so I can run home for a change of clothes or get a little sewing done.

Hugs, Cathy

15 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh I like your "take" and your decision. Life really is too short--have fun baby sitting hugs, Julierose;)))

julieQ said...

I love your block...I changed mine too!!!

Karen said...

Your more simple block is a very suitable substitute for the original design. I left the embroidery off of my block as it was already busy looking. Quilting is meant to be fun, so if simplifying suits you, then go for it.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Nothing wrong with changing things up to make the quilt your own--the baskets are so cute!

Janet O. said...

It is a very sweet finish. You just made yours unique and that is never a bad thing.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun to see how each of you made your baskets slightly different!

Kyle said...

Love seeing your basket block. I love the change. Why not. Do what you like.!

belarmina said...

Cathy tu bloque es bonito.
disfruta de tu nieta eso es importante!!
buena semana

Little Penpen said...

It's very pretty! It's fun seeing everyone's take on the different blocks!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sweet baskets!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

And, by the way, I am ALWAYS simplifying patterns. Good for you!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Makes perfect sense to me to alter the pattern especially with these super cute baskets!

Lori said...

I like your blocks a lot! Happy house sitting!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

From what I have been doing for 3 months, I do not blame you for not getting involved with the detailed handle on the baskets. These are some of my favorite baskets you made! Just think your quilt will be your quilt only!

Forgive for being late on commenting! I just finished my York Lodge blocks and in the process of putting it together! Highly intensive quilting - only OCD idiots should make it LOL http://doitrightquilter.com Nanette

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love your simplified version of the baskets, I wasn't keen on he braided handles either.