Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Land of Liberty Part 4

Over the weekend I finished up working on Part 4 of Land of Liberty.  While working on it I heard that the designer of this quilt, Cheri Payne, passed away from cancer.  She was a very talented quilter who shared her talent with us all.  Now she is pain free and in a better place.  My heart goes out to her family.

Here is my version of Part 4.



 I enjoy all of Cheri's patterns but I think this is my favorite.  It has been going together nicely due to the help of Lori directions.


Now that the "Wedding Quilt" is finished (picture coming soon) I started working on my second Christmas quilt.



Sorry about the fuzzy photo.  Didn't notice it till I was writing the post.  It is a design by Em at Em's Scrapbag.  The blocks are 12".




Here is a close up of the red fabric.  It is different Santa Clauses.  I have had this fabric for years and finally had a chance to use it.


On a sadder personal note, my 90 year old mother-in-law is in failing health.  She had complained of sever stomach pains.  It turns out she has a perforated ulcer.  The doctors said that because of her age and frailty she would not survive the surgery.  All they can do for now is give her pain meds and keep her comfortable.  She is aware of her condition and says she is ready.  What is even sadder is my father-in-law who has Alzheimer's and is unaware of what goes on around him knows she isn't home.   It is going to be hard letting him know of her condition.  

We woke up to snow covered ground this morning.  Streets were icy and there were quite a few accidents due to cars sliding and unable to stop.  I hope the weather is better where you are.

Thanks for taking time to stop by.

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh Cathy so sorry to hear of your family's illnesses--a difficult timefor all. sending prayers to help you through this time hugs, Julierose

Robin said...

Your Sweet Land of Liberty blocks turned out great. I really like the fabric you chose for the stripes on the flag. Everything goes together so nicely. I'm still working on my blocks. Silly me, I decided to change some things and that always makes it take longer. I've got some Christmas fabric stashed away from 2002. Maybe it's time for a Christmas quilt around here too.

sandi s said...

I’m so sorry to read about your families illnesses. I keep you all in prayer. I love your quilt pictures. Not to make you jealous, but we are having wonderful weather. 😉 Hugs,

Karen said...

You are doing good at keeping up with the patriotic quilt design you have been working on. I still haven't done a serious search for what I have done of mine. Hidden somewhere.
Do you think spring has forgotten about you. I think most people in the north are experiencing the same thing. Even here in Florida, we are having cooler weather than normal for April.

Needled Mom said...

Oh Cathy. I am so sorry. I hope she can be kept pain free. It's never easy. Sending prayers.

Janet O. said...

A difficult time for your in-laws and those that love them! You will be in my prayers!
Great work on the Land of Liberty quilt. And that is a really fun looking Christmas quilt in the works!

Sandi said...

Your Land of Liberty is looking great. Cheri's designs are so wonderful, I was so sad to hear that she passed but as you say she is pain free and now it is time for her family to heal.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law and father in law health issues, my own mom is going to be 94 soon and has slowed down so much.

Isn't it wonderful when you find a project for a long treasured fabric! It looks fun.

Take time for yourself to ease into the changing dynamics your family is going through.

Sue McQ said...

As always, your workmanship is admirable. So sorry to hear of all the family health problems. Never easy. Blessings, my friend.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Sorry to hear about your parents. Alzeiheimer’s is so devasting. My Aunt and Mother had it. One sister did not! It is a difficult time for you. Peace to you and your family,

cocoya said...

I’m so sorry to read about your families illnesses. I keep you all in prayer. I love your quilt pictures. Not to make you jealous, but we are having wonderful weather.
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

I'm participating in the Sweet Land qal too. I love seeing everyone's versions. I love your colors.
Sorry to hear about your in-laws. I've been there. Blessings.

Lori said...

Thanks for hooking up your SWOL! I love it!!

dq said...

The weather is better where I am, but Utah can change very suddenly. It was snowing two mornings ago and quite hot yesterday.

Your Land of Liberty is looking great! I had no idea that the designer had failing health. I am glad she will no longer suffer. Death truly can be a blessing. I am also so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law and father-in-law.

I hope you are continuing to improve as well.