Thursday, March 15, 2018

EAL Block 9

We're on the downward slope with the sew along Karen and I are doing.  



This block was suppose to be done in red and blue but the flowers reminded me of sunflowers.

I was hoping to have more to show....but we have an upcoming wedding and wedding shower.  So the other day I volunteered to make 40 sets of coasters.  Each set has 4 coasters.  It only takes a minute to sew them...but it takes a half hour to prep them.  Each coaster is made with 6 charm squares and a 5" piece of batting.

BTW my only grandson is getting married in June.  His bride to be is already like a granddaughter to me.  We are so happy for them.

Thanks so much for  stopping by.  Be sure to stop by Karen's blog to see her version of the block.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I have really enjoyed watching you and Karen in this quilt-a-long. It is so interesting to see how you each put your own spin on each block.

Karen said...

I hadn't thought about it but you are right about the sunflower look to the block design. Good choice of fabrics.

Janet O. said...

I have been to Karen's blog and I liked the red and blue flower. But you are right, it makes a great sunflower, too. :)
Oh, you are very kind to make all those sets of coasters. I would be ready for something new after the first set was stitched! LOL

belarmina said...

Cathy preciosos bloque.
Serán un bonito detalle de boda seguro.
Puedo pensar cuantas cosas maravillosas harás a tu nieto
saludos

Kyle said...

I like your sunflower interpretation

Karen in Breezy Point said...

They do look like sunflowers--very nice!!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the flowers as they remind me of fish. So cute!

Needled Mom said...

Great job! Those look wonderful.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very nice - so very interesting to see how different each block looks with color changes! You and Karen are on a roll!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Another gorgeous block - and I really like the yellow fabrics.
They do look like beautiful Sunflowers.

Sandi said...

Love your colour choice for this block! I have to say those bud flowers make me think of goldfish, they are sweet, they look like they are nibbling on som kelp or seaweed, keep have fun with this project!

Lori said...

That's a great block!
Lots of happy news!