Friday, May 26, 2017

Rain, Rain

Go Away.... The May flowers are being drowned by all the rain.  Oh well, this gives me more time to sew.

I finished another 6 Box in a Box blocks and I have the last 6 blocks prepped and ready to sew.



I will have a total of 24 of these blocks.  I'm not sure how big this quilt is going to end up seeing I'm going to be adding different blocks to the pile.



 Here is Block #4 for my Red and Green quilt.  Applique is taking a little longer to do.  My hands are better but I still have to take it easy.


I recently got the book "Sew Charming" by Country Threads.  I made this little quilt from charm squares.  It is called "Split Square".




I need to do a better job of reading instructions.  I cut the center strips 1 1/2" instead of 1 1/4".  The charms I used were from Buggy Barn.



Here is a better picture of another quilt I am working on "Walnut Grove Sampler".  The first 2 blocks where Ohio Stars.  The second group of blocks were Square in a Square.  I chose instead to make spool blocks.



I'm working on another applique block and hope to get a few more prepped.  This weekend I'm planning on getting another couple of quilts ready to machine quilt.  


I hope you have great weather and have some exciting plans for the weekend.  Thanks for stopping by..


Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm hoping for at least a day of no rain so I can start getting my plants in the ground. Today would have been perfect, but of course I had a Dr. appt. and a meeting. I love the charm quilt--so cute and the Sampler is going to be a fun one!

Sue McQ said...

Hi Cathy,

I am new to your blog and want to say "hello," to fellow Midwesterner. All your blocks are lovely! The box in blocks...is that a particular pattern?
Blessings from Sue
www.blessingsofthread.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Send that rain to Florida. We have been experiencing drought conditions this spring. We had a little rain a couple days ago but not nearly enough to make much difference.
Is the red and green quilt you are working on from a specific pattern or just blocks you want to make?

Allie-oops Designs said...

I hope you're enjoying the sunshine today, I know I am, lol! You're really going great guns with all your projects, I'm glad you're able to applique but do take it easy. Your skills amaze me. Love the spool blocks!

Janet O. said...

How do you decide which project gets your full attention? I tell myself to keep just one or two projects out or I start the "squirrel" thing, but I am seldom successful.
Yours all look good. I would have a hard time focusing and would bounce from one to another, as I am doing now at my house. : )

Kyle said...

The rain may have detoured your work outside but you've used your inside sewing time to its full advantage. The red and green applique is lovely.

Needled Mom said...

You can send your extra rain to us. We can finally use a bit more. I love all of your blocks. I'm bad about reading directions too, but those look fine to me.

Lori said...

You always have a great variety of quilt blocks to show! I love them all!

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful projects happening at your house.