Sunday, May 21, 2017

Crazy Weather

First we had hot steamy weather with a strong wind out of the south.  Then the wind changed and came out of north and we had cold weather and rain.  I got a call from my son in the UP and they got SNOW...crazy and it's May.

I've been working on a few projects.



 I finally finished Sally Post Block 14.  I don't know why but I think this block intimidated me.  So many pieces.  I'm taking a little break from Sally...she is getting to clingy....lol



I finished 6 more Box in a Box blocks.  These are blocks from the Fat Quarter Shop Sampler quilt.  I'm making 20 of each block for a wedding quilt.



 This is from a kit I got from Craftsy.  It is 24" x 24" and will be a Christmas gift.  Right now it resides on my to be quilted pile.  Just waiting for my hands to heal a bit longer from my Carpal Tunnel Surgery.  It still hurts a bit when I try pinning a quilt sandwich.




This is a booklet that came with the latest issue of "Today's Quilter".  I fell in love with the sampler picture on the cover.  It is called "Walnut Grove Sampler".


  So far I have 2 blocks made.  These are the center blocks.  They are 6" blocks. 



I decided to add a 1 1/2" sashing to my 2014 BOM blocks.  I am adding friendship stars to the sashing where the blocks connect.  Then I will add a 1 1/2" border of the same sashing fabric around the quilt and then a final border from the main fabric.

Slow and steady progress is being made.  I also started working on another Red and Green block.  I should be able to show you a finished block next time.

I hope you are enjoying better weather than we are.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Karen said...

I did a search to find a picture of the whole Little House Sampler quilt you are working on and did find one. In the process, I came across a site with some info that might interest you.
http://littlehouseontheprairie.com/quilting-with-laura-ingalls-wilder/

Needled Mom said...

You are doing so well considering you had that surgery. I love that little 24" Christmas gift quilt.

Connie said...

You are very. busy with several great accomplishments. Good work!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well look at you go, girl! Had to laugh about Sally being so clingy, lol. Lovely block though!! Wasn't that wind crazy? I found all my neighbor's dirt in my sewing room, argh. I thought today would be a complete washout, but the sun is out now and it's lovely. Very strange weather lately!

Lori said...

Wow! You are making up for lost sewing time! LOL
Just a couple of days ago we started having nice weather and it is supposed to stay the rest of the month! Yay! The mountains are still getting snow though!

Kyle said...

Lovely projects! I had to smile with the thought of Sally being too clingy. Projects can do that! Hahaha

belarmina said...

Cathy tienes muchos y bonitos trabajos!!
termine mi Sally hace unos días estoy tan contenta.
te animo a seguir con ella

Sandi said...

Love your Sally block especially the Daisy flowers that look like they are missing a petal!

Your waterlily header is also very lovely.

May your hands strengthen and have less pain soon!