Sunday, January 15, 2017

Westering Women and more

Last week I put my Westering Women blocks together.  This quilt will be my husband's quilt so I let him choose the borders.



I'm happy with the way this turned out.  Now I need to decide on a backing and then I can machine quilt it.  This was #1 on my UFO list for 2017.  So glad to cross it off my list.

I finished Blocks 3 and 4 for Pat Sloan's Solstice Sew Along.


Block 3


Block 4

These have been fairly easy blocks to make.  I hope it continues.


2016 was a fairly stressful year for our family.  I was hoping 2017 would be better....but so far that has not been the case.  I decided that this year I would not be joining any sew alongs or BOM's.  I decided to join one sew along and already started stressing over time constraints and fabric.  Not what I need.  So I will not be joining in with Lori and Karen doing another Jan Patek quilt.  I will eventually make this quilt but not right now.

I'm sticking with the original plan.  Finish up some UFO's, not buying any fabric this year, and keep it relaxing. 

So here's to a relaxing New Year and getting some quilts made.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'll miss you on the sew-along. Maybe later in the year you will be ready to do one with me....without stress.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish!
Your W.W. quilt top looks fabulous.
Quilting should be joyful. Wishing you an enjoyable & stress free journey this year!

Lori said...

Quilting should be fun not stressful! Hang in there.
Awesome job getting that first UFO top complete! It looks great!

Rebecca in AK said...

Congratulations! It turned out beautifully. It always feel so good to get a top completed. Your husband did a good job picking the fabrics. No SALs for me this year, except Barbara Brackman's Yankee Diary, I don't seem to be able to keep up with them. We don't need stress from something that is suppose to bring us joy.

Kyle said...

What a great first finish. Keep things light, stress free and more importantly fun.

Janet O. said...

Great job already having a UFO finished this year!
I'm with you on not joining SALs. My quilting time is so limited and I need to keep it as free from pressure, deadlines, and the need to "keep up" as I possibly can! : )

Barb said...

congrats on getting your WW blocks together! they look great.

cityquilter grace said...

love the colors of you WW flimsy....