Monday, January 23, 2017

Number 2 of 4 Done

I spent the morning quilting up quilt #2.  




I made this quilt top sometime last year.  Lots of plaids, gold and black fabrics. I quilted it on the diagonal and got the binding sewn this afternoon.  Happy to have the second quilt done.  2 more to go.

I finished the 5th block for Pat Sloan's Solstice Sew Along.


Another 20 blocks to go.



I saw the first block for FQ Shop's new BOM.  I fell in love with the block.  I'm probably not doing the entire quilt.


I started making the blocks using a Layer Cake I got from Connecting Threads.  I liked the block so much that I decided to do a whole quilt using this block.  I am going to have to make a lot of blocks since they are 5".  I checked Connecting Threads  and was excited that they still had yardage to match my Layer Cake.  I ordered enough for sashing, border and binding.  No rush to finish.  I'm taking everything low and slow and enjoying it.


Another project I wanted to work on is my Sally Post quilt.  I had finished 8 blocks once upon a time.  Then when working on my Ohio Sampler quilt I used 4 of the blocks.  Now I need to redo those blocks.



Here is the remake of block #3.  I have 3 more blocks prepped and will work on them in the evening while watching TV.

I'm so glad I made the decision to slow down and enjoy the process.  The only Sew Along I am doing is Pat Sloan's Solstice quilt.  Other than that I'm trying to finish up so long going projects and get some very old quilt tops quilted.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great week.

Hugs, Cathy

11 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow - GREAT quilt - well done! The little basket block is darling, hadn't seen that one, but I'll be strong...I do like those blocks from the FQShop, that would make an awesome quilt with just those. Glad you could get more fabric!! Block #3 is really pretty. Good for you on slowing down and enjoying - I'm trying to do that as well, except my sewing has almost come to a halt, lol! I'd love to just sit and stitch.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on completing the quilting on that pretty Blue quilt.
2 quilts checked off already is awesome!
Your basket block is very sweet and your FQS blocks look great too!
And I love your Sally Post block.
You are making fabulous progress this month!

Janet O. said...

I have really been tempted to do something like that first quilt with my Dad's shirts.
And I especially like that Sally Post block.
Yes, I have felt much more joy in my quilting when I am not trying to "keep up" with everything fun online. : )

Sherrill said...

If you don't mind my asking, what size are the pieces in the first quilt? That would be a great donation quilt! Thanks!

Kyle said...

Quilt #2 is fantastic. So glad your month has been positive, enjoyable and productive!

Karen said...

Ah, back to the Sally Post quilt. Good for you!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow, I'd say you are on quite a roll! What an accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Roxanne said...

You are working right along and all so lovely! I'm going to check out th FQS shop block--yours look so good together.

Lori said...

Lovely quilt you finished! The colors look smashing in the setting.
Love your other blocks too- I always loved that Sally Post quilt so I'm glad to see you working on t again.

Sandra Walker said...

I grinned when I read "I liked the block so much that I decided to do a whole quilt using this block. " LOL! THAT, my friend, is exactly a DrEAMi! However, you have found a statesman of a squirrel, to use my friend Helen's word to describe the squirrels that cross her path, as it is not so insistent as some of the other bright-eyed and bushy-tailed ones that will NOT let a person alone until the entire quilt top is done and dusted! I like that FQS plus CT = oh so pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up with my first DrEAMi! linky.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt, the colors are so neat! I'm also working on Pat Sloans' Solstice Sew Along but haven't finished blocks 5 and 6 yets. Thanks for linking up to Linky Tuesday!