Friday, September 23, 2016

Sept. Front Porch

I can't believe it already is at the end of September.  Time is flying by so fast.

Our mission for the month was to make the 3 flower blocks.  So here we go.



I decided to add the blocks to a previous block where I could.  I also didn't like the fabric block so I made a basket.



I am really loving how this is looking.



Again...not a fan of the fabric block so I made a pieced block.  


I'm glad we had a bit more time to work on these....I needed it.  Remember I had surgery to remove some skin tags.  Well, they had to shave some eyelashes.  That is starting to cause problems.  I went to my regular Dr. thinking I had an eye infection...not.  So I went to the eye Dr.  I had 3 eye lashes growing the wrong way and they were irritating my eye.  The Dr. removed them.  Said It should feel better in a few days.  But it's not.  So it is back to the surgeon to see what he can see.  This has been going on for so long.  I haven't been able to do much sewing because I have to rest my eye.

On a better note.  We went to the Upper Peninsula for a week to visit my son, daughter-in-law and my hockey playing granddaughter.  It rained most of the time but we finally got a sunny day so we had a picnic at a park along Lake Superior.  I wanted to take pictures but the battery in my camera died.  It's rechargeable while in the camera but I forgot the cord.  Anyway it was a great time.

When we got home we had a few days to relax and then we were off to my daughter Kelley's house to house, dog and granddaughter sit.  Kelley and her husband went to Las Vegas with my other daughter Kim and her husband.  It's Kelley's 15 year anniversary.  And they go every September to celebrate.  We went with them one year.  They are due home tomorrow.  And then I'll be able to relax.

Our granddaughter (the baseball player) is no problem.  But their dog....



Their dog is Bear and our dog is Sammie.  They play, run around the house, bark and get very jealous over toys and humans.  But they truly love each other.

After a week they are getting a little tired of each other.

I can't wait to see every ones blocks and see what we are going to be working on next.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

14 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love the blocks and I agree totally with your changes. They look great! Sorry about the eye problem. Nothing worse for a quilter than having to rest the eyes! Hope the pup sitting works out o.k. I love mine too, but they do tend to interrupt normal daily life!

Janet O. said...

Just came from Lori's blog and seeing the blocks posted there. Seems to be pretty unanimous that the plain blocks aren't the preference (unless you use a pretty French striped fabric).
I think you have done a wonderful job--your blocks look primitive, but cheerful. I like the look very much.
So sorry to hear about the eye problems. Sounds miserable. Hope you get relief and healing very soon!

Lori said...

Nice job Cathy!! Love your substituted blocks.
Darn on the eyes! I hope a remedy is found soon!!

Susie H said...

Sorry to read about your eyes! That would certainly be a craft-killer!!! Your blocks are gorgeous and I thank you for linking up with Lori & sharing!

Debby Dodds said...

I really like your blocks and it is nice to see how they look sewn together! I've been tempted to do the same -- but I've never worked on a quilt this large so not quite sure if I'm going to have everything fit at the end! Thinking I better wait in case there are "adjustments"..... wishing you the very best recovery for your eyes.

Lizzy D said...

Looks great! Fun to see the blocks sewed together.

lizzy at gone to the beach....

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look great.

Ouch....those eyelashes must be scratching the eye something dreadful. Hope they can figure it out.

Our granddogs always cause more trouble than the grandchildren.

Roxanne said...

Cathy, I hope your eye problem gets figured out quickly. Your quilt is looking so cute.

Kyle said...

The colors that you've chosen for you blocks are bright and folky at the same time. Sorry about your eyes. I hope they get it taken care of soon.

Karen said...

Your stash of fabric is so pleasing to my eye. You used it well in the Front Porch blocks.
I didn't know eye lashes could grow the wrong way. Whatever is going on, I hope it clears up soon for you.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your Front Porch blocks so far--this is such a fun project! I hope your eye troubles clear up soon--sounds so painful and annoying! I'm scheduled for cataract surgery in November and I am very worried--we need our eyesight to finish all those UFO's--lol!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope your eye problems are all better and you can enjoy quilting

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Sorry about your eyelash problem - that's not conducive to quilting! Your blocks are looking great.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh dear - praying your eye problem is resolved soon!!! I adore your blocks, very Americana, just lovely. Cute dogs - but I'm sure they'll both be relieved to be "top dog" again in their own households!