Friday, October 30, 2015

Old Voices New Impressions

Another month another 4 blocks.  I did something a little different.  I added 2 blocks designed by Lori Smith.  


My Strawberry plant.  The stem fabric is black with white, green and red running through it.


The green I used is a sage green.  It looks like antique fabric.


This is the first Lori Smith block.  It represents our dog "Sammie".


This is the second Lori Smith block.  It represents Terry and Me.


All 4 together.

I put all the blocks together on the design wall.  Some months I made 4 and some 5.  Here they are all together.


I'm so glad I joined the sew along.  I am so happy with the blocks.  And I think my Lori Smith blocks go quite well with the rest.

I know I mentioned a giveaway.  I haven't forgotten.  This year hasn't been good to me.  I went to the doctors complaining of no energy.  Blood tests showed that my sugar is high and my thyroid is low.  So an adjustment in meds was called for.  Slowly getting the energy back....but very slowly.  We decided q trip north to visit my son's family would be just what I needed.  So we are here till next week.  When I get home I promise to get the giveaway posted.  I have 2 great applique patterns to give away.

Till then take care and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

15 comments:

Rebecca in AK said...

Four more beautiful blocks!! I love the addition of the Lori Smith blocks. A funny coincidence, I ordered three of her patterns this week. I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Enjoy your visit!

Ramblings from Randi the Wild Rose Quilter said...

Those are great! I have an two appliqué quilts I started quite a long time back. This post really makes me want to get back to them. I just need more spare time!

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look fabulous. I'm glad you took the time to enjoy a getaway. Feel better soon.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm hoping that your getaway to your son's has been just what you needed and that your energy will be restored soon. I love your blocks, and the two additions are perfect ... and will make the quilt truly yours!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful applique, Kathy!

Doniene said...

Absolutely beautiful applique blocks!! I especially love the background fabric - makes them all look so vintage!!! Well done!

Sorry you haven't felt well. Praying all gets back in order!!

Blessings and hugs!

P.S. Visiting the little hockey player? Give her a hug for me!!

Karen said...

You have been quiet of late. Glad to know there is a solution to you feeling tired and hope you get lots of energy soon.

The Lori blocks do work well with the others and will make the quilt uniquely yours.

Nancy said...

Great blocks Cathy. I like the Lori additions.
Hope you feel better soon.

Janet O. said...

Your blocks are stunning, Cathy! What a beautiful quilt this will be. The blocks you have added from Lori's pattern blend right in.
So sorry about the health issues. No fun! Will keep you in my prayers.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
your blocks look beautiful. Some of the fabric I have in my stash too. Hope you get well soon.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your blocks are really beautiful!
The Lori Holt patterns fit in perfectly with the rest!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Cathy they look fantastic - this is going to be a stunning quilt! I'm sorry you're not feeling well hon, I'll be praying that your meds get sorted and you get your energy back. Enjoy your time away hon!

Lori said...

Love your blocks and the mix is fantastic!!

donna said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. Such beautiful applique.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Hugs
donna

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Your blocks are beautiful!!! Hope you feel better soon, great progress!