Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Country Roads

Yesterday I finished my version of "Country Roads" sew along designed by Lori of Humble Quilts.  She always chooses such fun quick projects.



I already have this hanging on my living room wall.  I only wish I had chosen a different color thread to quilt it.


Here is a photo of the back of the quilt.


This some of the fabric I won from Barb at Fun with Barb from a giveaway she had.  It worked perfect for the backing.

Be sure to check out Lori's current post.  She posted photos of some antique quilts she saw in France.  I LOVE the first quilt she showed.  I already let her know it would make a terrific sew along project.

The weather here has been on the cool and rainy side.  However, today the sun is shining and the temps are up.  I have windows open and am enjoying the day.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying the Autumn.

Hugs, Cathy

17 comments:

Maureen said...

Very pretty! Lots of great fabrics!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Love that backing fabric--who is mfg/designer?

Sue said...

Love your little quilt. I couldn't participate this time, as I'm going on a quilt tour and ran out of time. I might make it when I get home.

Kyle said...

Fantastic job on Country Roads. The backing is super fun. Fall is definitely in the air and makes you even want to walk down a little country road.

Doniene said...

Fantastic!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the backing it is perfect!!!

I caught up on your last few posts. Your Old Voices blocks are scrumptious!!! Love your fabric choices!!!

I too Love Autumn - the colors, the cooler weather, shorter days, the smell in the air - just everything!!

Happy Birthday Month!! Enjoy every day!!!

Blessings and hugs!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Such a fun backing fabric--just as cute on the back as it is on the front!

Janet O. said...

Very nice finish on Country Roads.
Barb is the queen of fun backings, isn't she? : )

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ooh I love that!!! What a neat pattern, I'll have to try it. That's a great mini, Cathy!

Ruth said...

Love it! I used to have the backing fabric in blue and made some wall hangings out of it. It's a great backing!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty! Love your colors too, all the ladies who participated have done wonderful jobs! Love your blog too! Hugs, Mary

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Just love your Country Roads ... I think it's one of the most gorgeous of all the ones I've seen so far.

Barb said...

your Country Roads quilt is wonderful! Love that "pumpkin" color :)
How fun to see the fabric I sent on the back - nice!
I love the header photo - so charming

Lori said...

Great!! The backing is terrific too!!

Sharon said...

Cute little quilt! I want too make one too, but haven't had time due to the finishing of things for the quilt show. Maybe now that the show's over I can get to it. Love that beautiful fabric for the back!

It's being autumn here too. I love all the pretty trees as they change colors. I'm not looking forward to winter though. That's the only bad thing about fall - winter's next!

Danice G said...

Beautiful Country Roads quilt. That was a lot of fun, as always.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautifully done. I love that backing fabric too. Seems so right for this quilt.

Tanya said...

Love the baking and your choice if using grey. Fun!