First the flimsy finish...
Yesterday I sewed all the blocks together...that took a while. And then I added the narrow blue border. I used the same blue as I used in the 9 patches. Today I got up bright and early (not really) sewed on the final border. It is 3" wide and I used the same fabric as the background. This top resides on the pile (and I do mean big pile) of quilts to be quilted.
This leaves me with one project left on my "To Do" list for February.
Meet Primitive Primer!
This project was started a few years ago. I got serious about finishing it last year and this is where I left off. I need to make a large star burst block for the upper left corner and 2 appliqued borders and 2 plain borders. I'll be happy just to finish the last block this month. This will end up on my March "To Do" list because of the appliqued border.
Last week while reading some of my favorite blogs I came across the "Bluebird Challenge" at Em's Scrapbag. She had 10 blue bird flour sacks that she would send to the first 10 readers who wanted to participate.
It is so cute how could I pass it up. We have until April 4th to make a quilt using the bag. Once the quilts are posted our friends (That's You) get to vote on their favorite. The winner will receive a FQ Bundle of 30's fabrics. I'll keep you posted.
You might be interested in the fact that Em was chosen to be apart of Quiltlmaker's 2014 Scrap Squad. I hope she has as much fun as I did in 2012. She should be posting a picture of her latest quilt sometime this month.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I've had lots of time to get some sewing done as our weather has been really crappy lately. We had extreme cold weather, a snow blizzard, more snow, warm temps (we are talking 40) and now today it is raining...but wait...we are expecting colder temps and more snow by the beginning of next week.