Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January is Flying By....

I can't believe how fast January flew.  Maybe because I've been so busy.  I have a few projects to show you.


Another finish....  I started this last year, I couldn't even tell you when.  I hand quilted it using black quilting thread.  I really like how the quilting looks in the border.



I got all my blocks finished for my Henrietta Whiskers done and sewn together.  I'm really happy with the way it is looking.  Today I plan on adding the top and bottom applique borders.  Then I have to trace and baste the birds and stars on them.



The light wasn't too good for this picture.  It looks washed out.  But...would you believe I started another BOM.  This one is at Country Threads.  It is going to be a sampler quilt.  I found it on Pinterest.  It is my new favorite place to play.

Our dog Sammie is doing so much better.  She finally has her energy back.  Maybe too much...lol   Yesterday she ran around the house throwing her rawhide bone around.  Then she climbed up on the couch...


...and fell asleep with the bone in her mouth.

I hope you are having a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy


8 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Cathy,

You have certainly been busy. Your Henrietta Whiskers is SPECTACULAR!!!

Carrie P. said...

Great finishes. YOu are moving right along.
Sammie is so silly. Glad she is feeling good again.

Janet O. said...

That first little finish is very cute. And Henrietta Whiskers quilt is turning out great.
Very fun Sammie picture .

Doniene said...

I agree, where has January gone??? Lovely little projects!! So glad that Sammie is better!!

Blessings

Karen said...

Your Henrietta Whiskers looks good. My friend made one and gave the quilt as a gift.

Your swans in the header picture remind me of the swans we have in the neighborhood. One has been visiting the little lake behind our house. Stayed for a few days and left. Then back every few days for a few hours.

Mama Pea said...

Glad your pooch is doing so well. I love your Henrietta Whiskers! Really makes me want to finish mine. I have those last three blocks to do!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Lots going on in your studio. I haven't gotten my Tisket a Tasket blocks done so I doubt I'll ever get the Henrietta Whiskers even started! Hum, I should go look and see if Bunny Hill has a new BOM. I don't seem to finish the darn things even though I start them! Your dog is darn cute.

antique quilter said...

how cute is that falling asleep with the bone!
oh love your little quilt very sweet, oh my though black thread that was brave but looks wonderful!
have a great weekend
Kathie