Monday, August 17, 2020

It's been a hot Summer

 But it's cool in my sewing room in the basement.

I've been getting some sewing done.

1.  I have finished 3 more blocks for the 3030 Block of the week.  I still need to         work on the Medallion Center Block.




2.  Annabelle BOM.  Yep I did it again.  I signed up for another BOM from               Connecting Threads.  This is the first block which is a 24" center block.  I'm           loving the fabric.



3.  Derby House BOM.  Here are this months blocks.  I finally started working on the Applique block from last month.  Yes I am getting behind.  But I'm staying busy.



4.  Jelly Snowflake Sew Along Quilt.  I saw so many beautiful photos of this quilt that the Fat Quarter Shop was sharing.  I just had to make my own.  Just finished the blocks.  I now need to sew them together.  



5.  Quilt Doodles BOM.  I fell in love with this month's block.  I want to make an entire quilt using this block.



This is it for now.  I have a few other project to share with you at the end of the month.  Like I said I've been keeping busy.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I look forward to your comments.


Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

ALL of these blocks are so pretty. Your 24" center is fantastic! I bet that will be an amazing quilt. Nice to have the cool basement at this time too!

Julierose said...

All such lovely work Cathy!! I especially love that basket block and the fabric in it..so pretty Hugs Julierose

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You are staying busy--so many fun projects! I am making a quilt with the same block as in the quilt doodles quilt.
Mine is a different coloration though and it's interesting how different our blocks look from each other. Have fun stitching!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Indeed it has been HOT! So happy that you have a cool basement. I don't like to run the AC, but my sewing room is in an upstairs room of our old farmhouse and if I am going to sew, it has to be ON! I can not believe how much you have accomplished in the cool basement! Must be hard to decide which one to work on. They are all wonderful!

Kyle said...

Another fabulous check-in! Your blocks are sweet and colorful.

Janet O. said...

I am always amazed at how many projects you can keep going at one time, and they all look good. And a basement sewing room is a blessing during a heatwave like this country is currently experiencing!

Jennie in GA said...

Once again, you’ve been a busy bee. Wonderful blocks and progress.

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great assortment of blocks! Good work!

Karen said...

Oh you did get some sewing done. Good for you. Lots of variety. I have been stitching a lot but not much on the sewing machine.