Monday, September 16, 2019

Almost Amish

Lori at Humble Quilts is hosting another mini sew along.  She calls it Almost Amish.  I just cannot pass up one of her sew alongs.

Step one has been posted and today I spent a few minutes choosing fabrics and sewing step one.


These are the fabrics I have chosen.  The top blue is darker than it looks here.



These are my blocks from step one.

I can't wait for the next step.


Oops I did it again.  I signed up for the newest BOM by Minnick and Simpson.

Meet Derby House.  They have sold out all the spots.  Each month I will get fabric and patterns for the month.  I don't usually sign up for BOM with fabric but I fell in love with this quilt and the fabrics.  It will start in December.  

I can't wait.

I finished my blocks for the month for Celebrating Mary Brown.  Not perfect but they are done.  We will be posting pictures on the 30th of each month.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Robin said...

Derby House is a fabulous quilt. So glad you were able to join. You must be a speedy appliquer to get so much done.

Lori said...

What a fun BOM!!
Thanks for sewing along! Almost Amish will be an easy quilt and hopefully everyone will like the results.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I was really tempted to do the Minick and Simpson BOM, but somehow resisted. It's going to be a wonderful quilt! I'm hoping to do Lori's SAL, but need to finish up my monthly goal first before I let myself go off on another tangent--lol!

Needled Mom said...

Love your Amish fabric selection. I’ll be watching for your progress on both projects.

Karen said...

I have my Mary Brown blocks ready for applique but not done any sewing yet.

I have looked at the Minnick and Simpson quilt design several times but have not finished the last one I had of theirs. Not that much left to do on it and need to finish it first.

I don't have time for Lori's sew-along this time though I am interested in one she may be doing next year. I have the book the pattern is in.

Kyle said...

Wow! Another awesome BOM with great patterns and their classic colors.

Janet O. said...

I like your colors for "Almost Amish."
And that appears to be an ambitious BOM.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You've definitely got the Amish look with your color selection. And I adore your new BOM. It looks like a ton of work but will be worth it in the end!

Sandy said...

I can see why you signed up for the bom. That's a really pretty quilt! Have fun!

Radka said...

Almost Amish sounds interesting, will have to go and have a look.
The new BOM looks wonderful :-)
xx