Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Dearest Boy

We are so close to the end.  I chose to do a pieced block for the last 10" block.  The block is called "Turkey Tracks".  Here is my version.




I like my version.

I put all the blocks up on the design wall.  Then I sewed the different sections together.


The empty spot in the center is for the cow.  I start on this block next week.  

Be sure to stop by and visit Karen'sJulie's and Carole's blogs to see what they have been up to.


I finished 2 more Sally Post blocks.


Block 22


Block 23

I need to finish another 13 blocks and then do the setting triangles.  I'm sure I can finish this before the end of the year.


Finally the next block from Pat Sloan's BOM Out of this world.  I've ad it finish for quite a while but keep forgetting to post a photo.



Thanks for stopping by.  Our week has started out with heat and humidity once again.  So I'm sticking close to home in the air conditioning.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! It is amazing seeing all the blocks together (well, minus the cow of course!). I love your version!Love you Sally Post blocks too. I have been tempted by them so many times!

Julierose said...

WOW-- your group quilt a long is so beautiful I love the turkey tracks rectangle----and I love the colors you chose to do them in..but then ALL the blocks look lovely-- and goosey-gander is soooo darn cute!! And the ring of butterflies--I could go on and on..really beautiful--I so admire your applique and piecing abilities--beautiful work hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

Your blocks look oh so good all sewn together. I have not had time to trim my blocks let alone sew them one to one. My cow is prepped but when I will get to sew it is another story. Have you thought about the triangles for the border?

I am so glad to see you working on the Sally Post blocks and with a plan to get them all finished. You will be happy in the end.

julieQ said...

I love it! Very nice block...cant wait to see mine all together like yours!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good Cathy! I am taking 4 days off from walking - horrible humidity and heat and I think my body needed a rest!

Kyle said...

Look how those blocks have all come together. A sampler is hard keeping all the colors balanced. Great job.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wow they are looking so good. Represents a ton of work -

Nancy said...

Your Dearest Boy is just beautiful! It doesn't seem like you've been working on it long enough to have it all done, though maybe to you it does (remembering you or others say that the patterns were challenging). I'm looking forward to seeing your cow block.