Sunday, September 30, 2018

Dearest Boy Update

I usually write my posts the day before...oops...I forgot.  Then I over slept this morning.

So here it goes.  This looked like a very complicated block.  And it was.





However, I figured that I could easily applique it.  I found a similar pattern on EQ8.  I made one copy on paper and 2 copies on freezer paper.  I cut out the templates of freezer paper.  I traced the paper pattern on my background fabric.
I appliqued the beige triangles first, then the large circle, then the red and blue spires, then the small circle in the center and faintly you can see the design in the circle.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Karen said...

It was a hard block this time. Applique was the way to go for me too. Your block looks good, Cathy. I know I looked ahead to the next block and have already forgotten what it looks like.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your block looks great. I can't imagine piecing this one--yikes!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Your block looks great Cathy and I love your colours, you may have over slept but I haven't even started this block!

Janet O. said...

Good job, Cathy. If that block had been in a pattern I was making, I would have turned tail and run! :)

Lori said...

Nice job on that block!

Sandra said...

This looks like an extremely hard block to stitch. Job well done on yours!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It's beautiful! And, I would choose applique any day over piecing!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Nice block! Those blocks take time and patience! You did well!

Allie said...

Brilliant - I would have appliqued as well! I love this block!