Saturday, June 23, 2018

A Wedding

Last night my Grandson Brian married the love of his life Jess.  The venue was beautiful.  They wanted to get married outside...but wouldn't you know...it started raining a half hour before the ceremony was to begin.  Luckily they had a covered area for the ceremony.

Here is Brian...our gentle giant waiting for his bride.


Then came the bride..


Checking with her bridesmaids if she should go through with it.



Part of the ceremony was called tying of the hands.


Their first Dance.


They are so happy.  


Cutting of the Wedding Cake.  There were 2 flavors.  Almond ganache and chocolate with a raspberry filling.  I had the chocolate.  It was so delicious.


My daughter sitting next to Brian, I'm in black.  Granddaughters Ashley and Cassidy behind me along with Granddaughter Alecia with he beau Jon.

Mother of the groom, my daughter Kelley with her 2 daughters Cassidy and Alecia.


The rain stopped and the happy couple danced in the garden.


The wedding party.  Most are friends since childhood.  They were great.

We couldn't be more happy for this wonderful couple.  We love them so much.

Thanks for letting me share our happiness.

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Cathy said...

So Happy

Karen said...

Such a pretty dress for the bride. And the bride's maids look good in those beautiful blue. A good looking newly wed couple.

Looks like you have some more grandkids to have weddings yet.

Sue McQ said...

Cathy...thank you for sharing. Such a happy occasion. Many blessings sent your way.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to all of you. They always say that if it rains on your wedding day that it is a good luck sign. It looks like a beautiful wedding.

Ingrid said...

Felicidades! Y gracias por compartir un momento tan lindo en sus vidas. Me encantó el estilo de la boda. Sencillo y sin pretensiones. Dándole significado a lo que realmente lo tiene. Le deseo una larga y feliz vida matrimonial a la nueva pareja ❤

Allie-oops Designs said...

Congratulations to the beautiful couple!!!! That pic of her asking the bridesmaids if she should go through with it cracked me up - so good!! Beautiful family hon, and you look wonderful. Looks like a wonderful venue too - love the pic of them dancing in the garden.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. It looks like a beautiful wedding and a beautiful venue. I really like the way Kelly did her hair.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful wedding and wonderful memories for the happy couple. My older son was 6'7". How tall is the groom? I always felt so small (at 5'8") when I was with my son. He passed away last year! Neat pictures! Love the Bride's dress!

lcnccook@msn.com

Lori said...

That is very sweet! That garden looks beautiful!

Barb said...

beautiful setting, beautiful couple I wish them a beautiful life!

Janet O. said...

What a beautiful day for your family. I can feel the joy from the expressions on their faces!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

How sweet! I pored all day at my son's wedding and someone told me it was good luck. I wish them both every happiness!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun wedding photos... you can feel the joy!