Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Autumn is in the Air

I'm an Autumn baby.  My birthday is in October.  This is my favorite time of year.  The quilt above is "Henrietta Whiskers" by  Bunny Hill.  This was a free BOM.  I started working diligently on this quilt.  But as it always does life got in the way.  Although it says 2013 it was properly finished until 2015.  By properly I mean quilted.  

Speaking of Autumn....Halloween is in the near future.  Cheri Payne has been designing a quilt called Sew Spooky.  She has shared 4 blocks with us on her Facebook page "Quilts by Cheri" Friendship Group.

So far I have only made one block.  The third block.


The quilt is designed to be made with wool.  I prefer to make it using cotton.  I'm hoping to get the other blocks prepped so I can work on them in the evenings.

I have my 2 blocks finished from the Linda Brannock quilt "Flowers" that I am working on with Karen.  We will be posting photos of the blocks on Friday the 15th.


For those of you who don't know, Karen is one of the many blogging quilters who live in Florida.  She got hit with the winds and rain, she lost power but for the most part came out unscathed.  Power is back but they are without water.  I am praying that all our friends are well and have weathered the Hurricanes where ever they live.

My resolution this year was to finish some of my older projects whether blocks that need to be put together in a top or to quilt a top.  I have put a few tops together this year but I chose an older project to work on.


This quilt was designed by Jeni in the Willows.  I machined quilted straight lines horizontally between blocks.  I am hand quilting the blocks using the big stitch and #12 Perle cotton.  I'm half way there.  Hopefully I will have it finished by the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember if you are a no-reply commenter you need to add your email in the comments so I can answer any questions.  

Until next time.

Hugs, Cathy





7 comments:

Sandra said...

Hello, I am also an Autumn baby; born in October... and I love this time of year! It just always feels so exciting and festive and that we have so much to look forward to. I am currently working on some of my older quilts and trying to add more quilting and freshen them up a bit. Good luck with all your goals to finish those quilts. I know it is easy to get distracted with new ideas and projects.

belarmina said...

Cathy tu bloque es nuy bonito
¡¡¡ el otoño nos gusta !!!

Needled Mom said...

I'm an October Libra too - the 14th. It's a good time of the year for a birthday.

The pumpkin block looks great. I admire you for working on old projects. It's so easy to move on.

Nancy said...

Your Cheri block is just gorgeous! Fall is my favorite season but I don't much like Halloween, so I haven't made any of these blocks. But this one -- maybe I will make this one as a separate little quilt. And the quilt in your header: delightful!

Kyle said...

There are so many wonderful autumn quilt designs. It's great to see what you've done and are working on. Thanks for the update on Karen.

Barb said...

what a great fall pumpkin block - love those berries.
Happy Birthday Month
yay for fall

Karen said...

All I have done with Cheri's new block designs is save them. I like your fall colors. Fall is my favorite season as I love the fall folliage.....something we don't have in Florida.