Thursday, March 10, 2016

More Relaxed

And getting some sewing done.

I worked on the Splendid Sampler blocks.




This is block number 6.  I added some new colors to this one.


This is block number 8.  Block 7 is going to be an embroidered block.  I have it traced and ready to go.


Here is the March block for the Sugar block BOM.


I love the soft colors in this quilt.  The fabric is by Robin Pandolph.


Okay so I said I was dropping out of some sew  alongs.  I'm still working on them but not on a frenzied pace.  I may not work on them for months.  I am saving the patterns.  So now that I have a little more time on my hands I started a new quilt.


This is called "Speedwell Quilt" and it was a free pattern from Moda Bake Shop.  It is made using Layer Cakes.  The fabric is from Laundry Basket Quilts.  It's a wonky picture but will give you an idea of how it will turn out.


I am also working on another sew along by Cheri Payne.  I'm a member of her group on facebook.  Each day she is giving us a 4" block.  There are going to be 20 some blocks.  Not sure of the size yet.  It started on Monday.


Mine is going to be a scrappy quilt.

I am enjoying my less stressful sewing room.  I don't feel guilty if I am not in there working away.  Like many of you have said....Quilting is suppose to be fun.  And now it is.

Thanks for stopping by.  It's raining here I hope you have sunshine where you are.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad you saw the light and the fun has returned.

Janet O. said...

When quilting loses its therapeutic properties, it is no longer fun, for me.
Glad you have found the joy again.
Really like the Speedwell quilt.
I saw someone else mention a Cheri Payne SAL and I wondered how I missed hearing about it. If it is on Facebook, that explains it.
Enjoy!

ES said...

Work to your own schedule and work on what you really want to! You've got to enjoy it otherwise whats the point!?

Karen said...

The soft muted colors of the Sugar block are so very pretty. I had forgotten about this BOM but really had no intention of participating in it. I will watch yours grow.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Lots of fabulous blocks today!
You've been wonderfully productive.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Great blocks--the Sugar block is my favorite!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Yep, all about the joy - glad you're feeling better!! I've made the same decision. Love all your new blocks!!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
lovely finished blocks and lots of them.
Greetings,
Sylvia