Friday, April 17, 2015

Hello Sunshine

It's so good to see you again.  However, I've not been able to enjoy you as much as I have wanted to.  I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks and finally went to the doctors.  Sinus problems, bladder problems, sugar levels high and back problems.  I feel like I'm falling apart...lol.  Doctor asked me what was wrong and I said it would be better to tell her what wasn't.  Starting to feel a bit better so hopefully I can get some sewing done.

I did finish hand quilting the baby quilt.  Pictures to follow after I send it out.

I have a T for tea mini put together and hand quilted.  I need to do the binding and will post a picture then.

I finished 2 applique blocks for the Ohio Sampler QAL.


This is my Ohio Rose.  It is a little wonky but I love it.


And this is Old Tom.  The pattern was drafted by Karen from Log Cabin Quilter.

Since I'm feeling better I'm hoping to get some more blocks made.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Karen said...

I am sorry to learn that you have been so under the weather. Too many things gone wrong all at one time.

Your blocks make me smile. The Ohio Rose does not look wonky to me and I like it very much.

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are on the road to recovery now.

The blocks look great. I don't see wonky in that one.

Kyle said...

You girls are moving forward on the project with lightening speed. You're blocks look great and Ol' Tom is charming. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Janet O. said...

Great looking blocks, Cathy.
Sorry you haven't been well. Miserable when lots of things hit you at once. Hope you recover soon!

Allie said...

Oh goodness Cathy, get better!!! That's too much. Even if it wasn't all at once!!!
Your blocks look amazing - I told Karen I loved Old Tom best, and I love yours too!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Love your blocks ... and that Ohio Rose looks fine to me - no wonkiness apparent to me. ;-)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Both of these blocks are wonderful! You are making great progress on this quilt!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Sweet blocks! I hope you are feeling better soon. This winter was a killer for me--glad the sun is warming things up so I can get out and move--lol!

Juliann in WA said...

Your blocks are lovely. I am so tempted to join in.

Lori said...

Nice blocks! I hope you are feeling better.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love that sampler project... especially the Old Tom block!

Carrie P. said...

continue to get well.
lovely blocks as always!

Sharon said...

I hope you're feeling better by now. Sunshine always helps. :)

You are getting a lot accomplished, in spite of being under the weather. I don't see a thing wrong with your Ohio Rose block - it's lovely! And I love Old Tom. I love those old Ohio quilts!