Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How Time Flys....

I can't believe it has been over a month since my last post.  I have no excuse.  I can't count how many days I sat down to write a post and something came up.  Nothing bad.  We went camping with my daughter and her family.  Had a great time.  When your kids are grown and have families of their own you don't get to spend a lot of quality time with them.

I did some sewing.  Finished last month's "To Do" list and started this month's list.  Basically the only thing on this month's "To Do" list is to keep up with the 6 BOM's that I am doing.  Then I can do what ever I want.

Speaking of BOM's....here are some photos of what I have done.




 The three blocks were from August for my Hip Chicks BOM.  I haven't gotten the patterns for this month yet.



Here are my Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM.  The single block is September's block.


Sugar Shack BOM up to date.  I really love the fabric I chose.



Aurifil BOM is all up to date.


These are the September blocks for my Country Threads BOM.  The house block is 22" and the chevron blocks are 12" each.


I also finished another Sally Post block.  This is one of my favorites.

And finally....


 This is a quilt that I put together in one day.  It uses 12 fat quarters and then some background fabric.  I used some FQ that I wasn't all that fond of and I like the way they look in this quilt.

Yesterday I finally finished quilting the Pat Sloan sew-a-long quilt that I made a few months back.  I just need to tack down the binding.  I will show you a picture of it when it's done.

My oldest daughter Kelley signed up for a 5K run.  Now she is more of a walker than a runner.  She got this app on her phone called "Couch to 5K".  It is a training app.  You walk, run, walk, run...  She has been doing it for a few weeks not and the other day she called me soooo excited.  She ran for 45 minutes without stopping.  I am so proud of her.

My youngest daughter Kim had knee surgery this morning.  I just got off the phone with her.  She is doing good.  I tell you I just love taking to someone on pain meds....she really made me laugh.

Well that is it for now.  Not sure when my next post will be.  Sunday I go to Kelley's house to watch my granddaughter Cassidy while they go to Las Vegas.  Lucky them.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic week.

Hugs, Cathy







12 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I know what you mean about taking advantage of every opportunity to spend quality time with our kids and their families. Love all your blocks!

Needled Mom said...

You have had a productive time away from your computer. Your blocks look wonderful and I really like that quilt using the fat quarters.

Have fun babysitting.

Terry said...

Time sure does fly, especially when you're busy! Your blocks look great! :0)

Kyle said...

You're great at keeping up. Everything looks like it's flowing along.

Karen said...

I enjoyed seeing all the blocks you have created. Especially like the ones in the warm tones.

Allie said...

Your blocks are amazing! Love the quilt you made too. Congrats to your daughter on her run and praying for the other ones knee!

donna said...

Oh how I know how time can get away from you. Your blocks are so pretty. Maybe I need to do a block of the month and I would get a finished quilt top one day. LOL!
Hope you are having a great week.
Hugs
donna

Anonymous said...

I love all your BOMs! And I also love the quilt made with FQs. Can you tell me the name of it? Looks perfect for a bundle of FQs I have had sitting around.

sew4given AT aol DOT com

Judy in Michigan said...

I'm so glad you are ok - I had planned on writing you to see if you were ok - but where does the time go? I love all your work and am interested in the quilt top - what size blocks/pieces and about how large did it come out to. Looks like a great top for a QOV quilt. Thanks.

Aunt 'Reen said...

You've been wonderfully busy!
The blocks for your BOM's are all beautiful! Cngratulations on completing that FQ quilt top in a day. It looks darling!

Best wishes to both of your daughters! Enjoy visiting with your grand-daughter!

Carrie P. said...

You are staying very busy.
Good for your daughter. I wish I could run for 45 min.

Jen said...

All your blocks are lovely and the colours of the first photo Hip chicks are my favourite What a great idea for the FQ's I would love to use some of mine that are just folded away.Happy babysitting Cathy.