Friday, March 14, 2014

A Finish and a Win


I've got another finish.  


 I finished Sammie's Quilt.  She loves to cuddle up with a warm quilt.  I did some zigzag quilting that I saw in another quilt in a magazine.  I like how it turned out.


I am almost done with my "To Do" list.  I finished my Primitive Primer top, Sammie's quilt, 20 Shoo fly Blocks, 4 of my 5 BOM's.  I have 2 of the 3 Hip Chicks blocks done for March and my Blue Bird Challenge is ready for quilting.

The only thing left is 10 Jacobs Ladder Blocks.  I made 2 blocks with 8 to go.



Now for the win....  Last week Heather at Happy Appliquer had a giveaway.  And I won.



This book was written by her son Kevin wrote a book on Applique.  I love this book.  It shows you how to do every form of applique....needle turn, machine, fusible and prepared edge.  He also has some really great projects.  If you haven't seen it yet go to amazon and check out a few of the pages.  It is really a great book.

Well Mother Nature is not done playing tricks on us.  Tuesday we got 7" of snow.  Yesterday morning it was 1 degree out.  This morning it was 31 degrees out.  And in a couple of days it is suppose to be in the 20's.  I am so over this weather.

I hope it's nice where you are and that you have some great plans for the weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is nice weather here--unseasonable so, and I feel guilty mentioning it, after reading what you are experiencing.
Well done on all of your goals, and congrats on the win! : )

audrey said...

Great little quilt--very cozy fabrics! Congrats on the book win too.:)

Kyle said...

Love the diagonal setting of your scrappy blocks. And congrats on your win. I just found Heather's blog.

Ruth said...

Congratulations on winning the great book and for being almost done with your "to do" list. I can't imagine what that must feel like! But, I imagine it feels very good.

donna said...

You have been a busy gal. I am working on a jacobs ladder quilt as well. I only need a few more blocks whoo hoo.
Stay warm my dear.
Hugs
donna

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Sammie's quilt is gorgeous!

It's going to get into the 70s today ... with freezing rain and snow tomorrow. Hopefully it comes in early like they say so the roads should be cleared by the time we head home from this swim meet.

Jean Carlton said...

Cathy - thanks for checking in on my blog! I am so behind on reading blogs of other quilters as well as getting my own posts done. I love the Trillium photo - are they out yet where you live? We have some in Mn but not for a few months!

Jean Carlton said...

Cathy - thanks for checking in on my blog! I am so behind on reading blogs of other quilters as well as getting my own posts done. I love the Trillium photo - are they out yet where you live? We have some in Mn but not for a few months!

Carrie P. said...

congrats on your win. I was hoping to win too. looks like a great book. I am sure Sammie appreciates the quilt with all the cold weather you have been having.