Sunday, June 30, 2013

Time is Flying By...

I can't believe tomorrow is July 1.  The past few months have flown by.  And I'm sure the summer is going to fly by too.

Wednesday we leave to go camping with both my daughters and their families.  I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with them and my granddaughters.

Later in the month we are watching the granddaughters for a week while my daughters and their husbands, and my grandson and his girlfriend go to Las Vegas to celebrate my grandson's 21st birthday.  

Then on the 24th we are going to Shipshewana for the day with my youngest daughter.   Somewhere in the month we want to go camping again but I'm not sure. 

And of course I have to try and get caught up on all my BOM's.  I plan on prepping some applique blocks to take with us camping.

Speaking of BOM's.  I have some updates to show you.



These are the first 6 blocks for my Almost Amish BOM from Sentimental Stitches.  Yesterday I made the June block and then realized that I didn't make the May block.  I finished it this morning.



These are the first 6 months worth of blocks for the Hip Chicks BOM.  Joined at the Hip that is.  This is the first time I have put all the blocks together on my design wall and I am really liking it.



These are the blocks for the County Threads BOM.  Each month we are given patterns for a block done in 6" and 12".  Unlike the Hip Chicks BOM which the blocks are given in order as they will be in the quilt...these blocks are given in a random order.


I showed you some Japanese X blocks that I made for a swap I am in.  Each month one of us is Queen for the month and everyone sends us 2 blocks.  I am the June Queen.  Here are some of the blocks I have received so far.


I asked for blocks with a red center.  The blocks that have a different center color are ones I made for practice.  The blocks are coming in from all over the United States, Canada, England, Germany and Australia.  It will be interesting to see the rest.  Not sure how I feel about the look of this...but it seems to be growing on me.

It is a beautiful day here in Michigan.  The sun is finally shining, the sky is blue, there is a slight breeze and the temp is around 79.  I hope we have more weather like this when we camp.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Doniene said...

Hi Cathy! Wow, you've got a busy schedule, but sounds like lots of fun!! Hope your time with family is beyond your expectations!! Your BOMs look awesome!! You always inspire me to get moving on mine!!

Blessings

libbyquilter said...

your block of the month blocks all look great and this post is proof that "bit by bit" will get a project finished.

I've not seen the Japanese X pattern before but they make an interesting scrap block which can only mean they will also make an interesting and beautiful scrap quilt.

sounds like lots of good family times coming up for the next month. i hope that all goes well and everyone has lots of fun.

:-)
libbyQ

Janet O. said...

I can't believe all of the BOM projects you have going.
Enjoy your camping trip. Wish it was that cool here. We've been triple digits for days, but at least we have low humidity!

Bonnie said...

I like your blocks. They are interesting together. Lots of boms. I'm still working on one from 5 years ago so I don't tend to do them anymore.

Carrie P. said...

sounds like your summer days are full.
those exchange blocks are so neat together.

Mama Pea said...

Your Amish BOM is looking cool. I really love the pinwheel blocks. I am such a sucker for pinwheels. Your exchange quilt is going to be fun, too. I wonder how the blocks would look with a red sashing around them?

Jen said...

Cathy you are really busy and I love you blocks and I really think Country Thread is my favourite as I just love any star blocks.
Have fun camping with the family.

Ruth said...

You have been busy and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your family. We have been doing the same, visiting our oldest son and family in Oregon. We leave on Monday and while we're looking forward to going home, we hate to leave!

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful blocks.