Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Center Square, A UFO, and Some Baseball

Are you doing the Medallion Sew A Long with Lori and Randy?  Well I am.   The center block was designed by Lori.  She did hers in fusible and machine applique.  But you know how much I love needle turn applique....


I love how it turned out.  Can't wait for the next round.


I finished my first UFO for the month.  Although small it is a finish.


This was a mystery quilt.  You chose the fabric first and then got a clue each week.  It used charm squares.  It's not my favorite but I do plan on making another using different fabric and holiday applique.


Now for baseball.  You know summer is on the way when Little League starts.
My granddaughter Cassidy is on a Tournament team.  She had a game on Tuesday.  We made it for the first game (she had a double header).  




I didn't get a picture of her sliding into home to score.  They won the game and found out later they won the second game too.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm off to the sewing room to work on the memory quilt.  Hope you have a wonderful day and get to enjoy some sunshine.

Hugs, Cathy

7 comments:

Karen said...

I had to pop right over to see your medallion center applique. I like! Did you send a picture to Randy? She wants them for her blog. I am anxious for the piece blocks instructions.

Lori said...

I love your center block and the basket fabric is to die for!!
Ah, little league, fun memories...

Carrie P. said...

OOOO! your applique block is lovely.
You go girl! Congrats on your first finish.
And congrats to your gd.

Carrie P. said...

OOOO! your applique block is lovely.
You go girl! Congrats on your first finish.
And congrats to your gd.

Deb said...

Ah sports and applique nice mix...LOL Love the applique block great fabrics and your finish is just as lovely!!

Janet O. said...

This must have been posted while I was AWOL with my daughter's visit. Glad I caught it via Lori's linky. You have done a beautiful job on the medallion, Cathy. Very nice!

Mama Pea said...

I am just no good at needle turn applique, and I admire those who are. Nice job. I love your block!