Tuesday, February 21, 2012

As Promised...

Here is a picture of my quilt (Chain Reaction) for Quiltmaker Magazine....


I had so much fun working on this quilt.  One thing that I didn't share on Quiltmaker's Blog is I ran out of the background fabric (because of piecing errors) and had to substitute a different fabric.  Luckily you can't tell.  And then I didn't know what fabric to use for the binding so I bought some fabric similar to the background.  Sure am glad they all blended well.

You really should bookmark Quilmaker's blog Quilty Pleasures not just to see my quilts (big smile) but for all the wonderful information on it.  They also have so many giveaways.  Right now they are giving away some quilt tops.  So please check it out.

Hugs, Cathy

7 comments:

Lee said...

I really love the binding being similar to the background! Very nice touch, Cathy! : ) Glad you enjoyed it.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It turned out great! Way to go!

Bonnie said...

Yea! The first one is done and publicized! Great job. You ran out of background fabric??? So did I!

libbyquilter said...

this is an awesome quilt Cathy~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Allie said...

You did a brilliant job, girl, this is a wonderful quilt and I loved your post about it on Quiltmaker! AWESOME!!!

Linda said...

Your first Scrap Squad quilt turned out wonderful!

Nicole said...

That is so nice and unique!