Friday, October 7, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I just love Maxine.  Truth be told she reminds me of my Mother-in-Law and I mean this in a good way.

It is hard to believe it's just been a week since my hubby retired.  We have been sooooo busy.  Taking care of getting all our finances together.  We've been walking a lot.  The weather has been so beautiful.  The perfect Autumn days.  It could stay like this forever.

Yesterday we took Hubby's parents to Frankenmuth for the day.  Mom wanted to go to Bronners to pick up some Christmas lights.  We had lunch, shopped and took a leisurely ride home through the country.  That ride took us past one of my favorite Quilt shops in Davison, Linda's Country Quilts.  I did a little damage to my credit card....

I have been wanting to get this magazine for a while.  Now I want to get a subscription.  I don't think there is a thing in either magazines that I don't like.  I want to make them all.  I also ordered a kit, pattern and hanger to make an adorable pumpkins in a wagon skinny wall quilt.  I'll show you when I get it.


I just made this sweet little quilt top today.  I got the pattern from Cheri at Quilts by Cheri.  She has a quilt of the month program.  I wrote down the directions last night and whipped it up this morning.  I did mine a little different than her.

Don't forget that tomorrow I will drawing the name of the winner.  Remember you need to be a follower and you need to give me your email address.  I have one entry who entered anonymously and I have no way of getting a hold of her.  If you received an email from me you are in the drawing.  Sunday I will post a picture of the giveaway for next week.

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes to me and my husband, Terry.  We are really excited about this new adventure of Retirement.

Hugs, Cathy

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I'm glad to hear you and your DH are enjoying retirement! Time to spend together is so important...

Maureen said...

Congrats on your husbands retirement, Cathy.
That's a sweet, little quilt.
I'm going to pass on this weeks giveaway. I want to start an applique quilt, but I already have severals patterns to choose from. Very generous of you!
Have a lovely weekend!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful little mini. I was working on one last night, but it didn't come together quite so well. I finally ditched one of the pieced borders and subbed a striped fabric. We do what we have to do!4444444444

Doniene said...

I am so glad for you that you are enjoying retirement - Blessings to you and your hubby!! Darling little quilt. Since I started blogging in May, I have fallen in love with mini/small quilts. My latest small quilt project is 10 small Christmas quilts for my girls and myself - two for each of us. I'm completely done with 4, have the other 6 pieced, just need to quilt them.

Have a great weekend.

Yvette said...

I have those magazines too! I can't wait for the new one. Your new little mini is adorable. Thanks for the link.

Allie said...

I've heard people say that - they don't know how they ever found time to work, lol. So glad he's enjoying it! Glad you had fun in Frankenmuth, love it there. Love your little quilt, so darling and cheery! Just a WEE bit envious of your points matching up....

Carrie P. said...

I have those two magazines and I feel the same way about them.
Love your itty bitty quilt and the cartoon, so funny.