Saturday, August 20, 2011

FNSI


I worked on a baby quilt last night.  My nephew is in the Air Force and stationed in Germany.  He and his wife are expecting their second son.  So this quilt will be for Cowen.
I plan on making Churn Dash, Shoo Fly and 9 patch blocks in blue and neutrals.  Six each with the centers dark and the outside neutral and then six each with the centers light and the outside dark.  These blocks are 6".

I would have gotten more done except I had a very wonderful visit from my Grandson Brian.  He left this morning to go back to college and came over to see me for a little bit and give me a couple of his wonderful hugs.  I'm going to miss him but gratefully he will only be a couple of hours away so we can go visit him.

Wishing you all a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh.. I like these blocks... what a great idea for a baby quilt!!!

Janet O. said...

I love traditional blocks and vintage colors for baby quilts. Very cool!

sunny said...

Looks like you got a lot done! Glad you were able to enjoy time with your grandson before he goes away.

donna said...

Love your blocks. Can not wait to see them all done up in a baby quilt.
Hugs
donna

Allie said...

Those blocks are so darling! So happy you could spend time with your grandson before he leaves.

Jen said...

That is really wonderful for your Grandson to visit. It is special when they want to come and see you.I have some big Grandsons.
The 6" blocks are lovely.9 patches always look good.

Lori said...

I like what you are making and the colors are terrific!!

How nice to visit with your GS:)

Maureen said...

So sweet of your grandson!
I have a baby quilt I'm still working on - just churn dash blocks My goal is always to get it done by the first birthday. My niece's daughter will be one on Halloween so I better get busy!

Mama Pea said...

That's going to be a beautiful quilt. I love blue and tan for a baby boy's quilt!

I think a visit from the grandson warrants getting less done during the sew-in! :-)