Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last Block Posted

Woo Hoo...Joanne posted the last block for the Thread Head Quilt-a-Long.  I guess I know what I will be doing all weekend.  Yep, putting my quilt together.  Thanks Joanne!

Nothing to show today.  I've been doing lots of hand work.  I did get my Moose table runner quilted.  Whenever I finish a top, I cut the binding and put it in a special basket.  I learned a long time ago that it takes a long time to finally finish a quilt, and if I don't do the binding right away I probably would not find the binding fabric or would have used it for something else.  So I went to the basket, pulled out the binding and started sewing in the table runner.  I got to the very end and found I was 6" short (obviously I didn't measure correctly).  I checked 2 fabric cabinets, 4 plastic totes to no avail.  Finally I saw a bag that had some homespun plaids.  I dug  in the bag and finally came up with 2 4" pieces of the binding fabric.  I finished sewing the binding last night.  Tonight I'll sew it to the back and show you a picture tomorrow.

So seeing I have no pictures of projects to show you I thought I'd show some pictures of past projects.  Starting with a closeup of my profile picture.  This quilt is made up of blocks I made and received from block swaps.  For the sashing I made a multitude of black and white 4 patches and 9 patches.  I was quite happy with the way it turned out.


This quilt is my profile picture on facebook.  When I lived up north with Dad, I would sit on the porch overlooking the lake in the morning drinking my coffee.  We had 3 very large pine trees, and every morning there would be a crow at the very top of the pine tree.  I finally did a quick sketch of the crow and turned it into a wall quilt.  I call it "I Can See Forever".


Finally this is my first big applique quilt.  It is called "Rusted Moon" by Whimsicals.  I had so much fun making this quilt.  What I like the most is it is a scrappy quilt. 

Well I hope you liked my little quilt show.  I will be sure to post a picture of my moose table runner tomorrow.  Until then I hope you have a quilty day.


Hugs, Cat




3 comments:

Linda said...

Love the little crow quilt. You are so right about bindings! I've fallen into that before! I'm looking forward to seeing your version of Joanne's sew along all together!

Allie said...

What a good idea to make your binding right away - I'm always losing my binding fabric! Cathy I love love love your quilt show, that crow is just perfect and I love the border - and I think I need to find that Rusted Moon pattern! Too pretty!

Mama Pea said...

Oh I love the moons! That is just great!