Saturday, February 3, 2024

More Surgery

I had cataract surgery on January 24.  This was scheduled before I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I was a nervous wreck.  I was amazed at how quick the actual surgery was.  It was the 3 hours I had to wait before surgery....lol.  My vision in my right eye is so much better.  I can't wait to get the surgery on my left eye which will be later this month.

Next week I go to the oncologist and the radiologist.  I was told I should only need to take oral medication and not have to go through chemo.  I was told that I had to have 15 to 20 radiation sessions.  

I was going to take some photos of current projects but discovered my camera does not work.  Amazon to the rescue.  A new camera comes today.  So I thought I would show you some past projects.


This is one of two skull quilts I made for my granddaughter and her partner.




This is the second quilt.  I showed part of this quilt in an earlier post.  These quilts went together quickly and made with Jelly Rolls.


This is a little quilt I made for my daughter Kelley for Christmas.

That's it for now.  As soon as I get my new camera I'll get some photos of current projects.  

Hugs, Cathy

2 comments:

Robin said...

So glad your surgery turned out well and you'll be able to get the other eye done soon. I have a couple of grandchildren that would think those skull quilts are so cool. Looks like a fun project. The little mitten is so sweet, I'm sure daughter loved it. Best of luck with the radiation sessions. So sorry you have to go through this.

Janet O. said...

I am glad the cataract surgery was so smooth and successful.
I hope you get through the radiation as well as you did the surgery.
You did a beautiful job on the skull quilts. They are fascinating, but I hope no one ever asks me for one. LOL
A very sweet little Christmas wall hanging for your daughter.
Hope you are happy with your new camera, when you get a chance to play with it. :).