Friday, July 30, 2021

Hot July Projects

 This has been a hot steamy month.  We've had storms with damaging winds and flooding conditions.  It was a good month for staying in my cool sewing room.  

1.  July's Monthly Mini.


Sunflowers are my favorite flower.  I remember when my grandson was young we planted sunflowers in the backyard.  He was thrilled to see how tall they grew.

2.  Celebrating Mary Brown.


The photo is slightly blurry (must be the camera's fault...lol) I love this block.  I will add the button eyes when the quilt is all done.

3.  Mrs. Lincoln's Quilt.



Only one month to go.  It has been a long journey and I've been happy to have Julie traveling with me.  I can't believe we only have one more month.

4.  Home For the Holidays


I took a picture of these blocks before I've sewn them together  Three more months to go on this.

5.  Barbara Brackman's Ladies Aid.


This is the block for month four.  I've just started Month five.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I enjoy reading your comments.  I hope you are staying safe and healthy and enjoying some beautiful summer weather.

Hugs, Cathy


9 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

That is about as perfect as it gets for a summertime mini! I love it. I adore the Owl block too. Good for you for keeping up with the Ladies Aid blocks. I have them sitting on my sewing table calling to me! Thanks for another great mini!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love how three-dimensional your sunflower appears against the dark background. A perfect midsummer mini.

Robin said...

The Mary Brown block is wonderful. I've got to get back to that quilt. I haven't touched it since the lockdown. The sunflower just radiates warmth on that dark brown background - very nice.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Cathy you are doing so great on your monthly projects. Mine have gone to **** so I gave up and trying to clean out all the ones that need to be quilted. I have found a great long arm quilter to do 8 of my quilts (special ones) and I am doing the rest. Still a lot to do, but once I get 7 quilted then only hand work remains and I will be free do make more! LOL. Hugs

Kyle said...

Cathy, you continue to work on these wonderful quilts a few blocks at a time. It won't be long before you have all those quilt tops complete.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful, beautiful and so much progress.

Sandy said...

Good work on all your projects, Kathy, but the sunflower is my favorite!

BUSINESS LOAN / PERSONAL LOAN OFFER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ronnie Finance Ltd / Financial Services For Help said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.