Thursday, January 2, 2020

Finished

I finally finished my Celebrating Mary Brown block.


The light of the flash made some of the stems look blue.  They are really dark green.  I'm so glad to have this finished.



Here are all the blocks I have made so far put together.  I am loving how this is looking.  BUT....I have a long way to go.

I had started a quilt kit I got from Bluprint.  Yesterday I finished the top.


My hubby is holding it up.  I'm hoping to get this quilted by the end of the month.  It will be a cheerful quilt.

I am working on these blocks again.  I want to make a quilt for my bed using them.  I made another block yesterday making a total of 9 blocks.


I need to make 33 more blocks for my quilt.

My New Year started out sewing.  I'm looking forward to a healthy year and making lots of quilts. I'm hoping to do more posts this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Your applique is awesome--love the colors you chose... ;)

I am planning a TAW quilt for our bed--my Millenium Quilt on our bed is now 20 years old...king size--(I know, no more big quilts,,but what's a gal to do if the bed quilt is wearing out>????)I will be using 2 jelly rolls...so not too much cutting...
Hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

You really need some quick and easy projects to work on... like your rainbow plus sign quilt (totally gorgeous!) when you are working on such a long term intensive project like Mary Brown!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your applique blocks are beautiful! I think the quilt you are making for your bed is going to be great--love those blues!

Robin said...

The Celebrating Mary Brown block is wonderful. I love the bright colors. I am working on that block right now. There are sure a lot of leaves. The Blue quilt is going to be so lovely.

Jennie in GA said...

Great NY’s start. I adore your MBblocks. That last one sure has lots of little leaves! Your bed quilt looks so serene. You should rest well beneath it. Do you quilt on your domestic machine?

Barb said...

Happy New Year.
Your applique is beautiful and so are your piecing projects.
Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Karen said...

Ah, Mary Brown is lookin' good. And yes, a long ways to go. I hope we can keep our interest up through the process.
Do you have other sew-alongs you want to participate in?

Radka said...

Your latest Mary Brown block is so lovely :-)
Happy New Year, and lots of lovely stitching!
xx

Lori said...

I'm happy you were able to get lots of stitching so far! Love your projects!!

I'm glad you are through your radiation and hopefully ready to leave that behind. XOXO

Nancy said...

Your Celebrating Mary Brown block is beautiful. With all those leaves it must have taken a bit of time! I like your Plus quilt too. When I see this arrangement I always think it must require lots of advance planning.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very good on your MB blocks Hope you are doing well. Hugs

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Yes - here's to a healthy year! You have some wonderful projects going. Such lovely applique.

Carole said...

You've been productive! Lovely work! Cheers!

Jeanne said...

Love your applique blocks!