Tuesday, November 19, 2019

A Few Things

I've gotten a few things done and a few new projects started.

I finished one of the blocks for my Chedddarback quilt.  I still need to make the 5" blocks.


This block looked like it would be hard but was actually an easy block to make.


Next up is a Bluprint kit I purchased a while ago.


It is made from charm squares that are cut into 2 1/2" squares.   I think you could use jelly rolls for this quilt.


I purchased another Bluprint kit.  It was suppose to be blocks made of 16 patch blocks bordered with a contrasting color.  The kit came with 3 jelly rolls.  I decided to make a Scrappy Trip quilt.


I love the colors.  It reminds me of being at the ocean.  Right now I have 6 blocks made.  I'm trying to make a block a day.


That's it for quilting projects.  I have a health update.

I went and saw the surgeon.  It turns out that my tumor was twice the size as they originally thought.  Instead of being 4 cm it was 9 cm.  Still very small.  They told me even though I'm cancer free I'm not done with them.  I go back in 6 months to see her again.

Last week I went for my Radiology consult.  It was a two hour appointment.  We decided that since the tumor was larger I would do Radiation Therapy.  She also checked my Vitamin D levels and they were really low.  So now I am taking Vitamin D.

Yesterday was my Radiology simulation and breathing appointment.  First they checked to see how my films turned out holding my breath compared to breathing shallow.  Thank goodness they were the same so I didn't have to use the machine that stopped you from breathing.  I had to lay on this very uncomfortable table with my left arm in a sling over my head.  I had to stay in that position for 1 1/2 hours.  I hurt all night.  

At this appointment they set up the times for my Radiation treatments.  Since Thanksgiving is next week they are closed Thursday and Friday.  I will be going in on Sunday at 10:20 am for my first appointment.  Then I go everyday at 10:40.  I won't know if I go 3 weeks or 6 weeks until my first appointment.

Wednesday I go and see another Doctor regarding taking the Hormone Reduction pill.  And December 5 I see another doctor regarding Genetic testing.  So I'm going to be a busy girl.  Not sure how the radiation will affect me so I don't know how much quilting I will be getting done.

Well that's it for now.  I'll post again on the 30th to show you my next block for Celebrating Mary Brown.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always love hearing from you.

Hugs, Cathy


11 comments:

julieQ said...

I have been wondering how you are doing! The soonest started, the soonest done...hope your radiation will be fast and done!! Hugs!

Julierose said...

Good that you are getting started so that you don't have to wait around wondering...all the best results for you hugs and prayers Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh dear Julie--my thoughts and prayers are with you and all you are and it sounds like you will be going through--
I have trouble with Vit D also--and have now for a good 10 years or so--I started with the prescription ones--but each time it would go back down as soon as I finished them--so I did lots of research and this is the one I have found and take daily now--I get mine from Vit-a-cost on line--
the brand name is Source Naturals--Vit D-3 2,000 IU--and it comes in 200 capsules--I have to also be careful what is in each one and the capsule ingredients--this one does not bother me in any way and works--it keeps my Vit D where it is suppose to be (as long as I remember to take it--anyways!!!)
Bless you during this time--
luv, di

Deborah Smith said...

Bless your heart for all you need to go through. I will send out some prayers for you.

Lori said...

Sorry the tumor was larger than originally thought. I hope you get through your treatment quickly with none or little side effect. XOXO

Kyle said...

Hoping all goes well and the side effects are very little or none at all. Keep up your positive attitude. Sending hugs your way.

Allie said...

Your blocks are gorgeous! I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this, Cathy - I'm sure praying - it sounds like you're going to be oh so busy with all of this, I'll pray there are no bad side effects and that you won't hurt too much from having to stay in one position. Let me know if you need anything.

Janet O. said...

The Cheddarback block looks tricky to me.
Love the Scrappy Trips you are making. Beautiful, soothing colors.
Wow--you are going to be one busy lady! You will be in my prayers--hoping things go well, for you!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh Julie!!!! I am so sorry I have not gotten in touch this week or so - things went nuts Monday - Hubby SSN was hacked - no more said! I am hoping that things go well for you!!!! I promise I will stay in touch more!
Nan and a big Hub going your way!

QuiltGranma said...

I am so sorry that you have a tumor, no matter how small. Prayers are going out for your recovery. I am so glad they are so much more precise now in their aim and amount of radiation than when I had mine. (2001) There is hope and a future for you! Do not give up! loves sent to you as well.

Jennie in GA said...

Looks like you’vedonealot when you have all of the medical issues going on. Stitching can certainly Bea nice distraction, though. Will add you to my prayer list. Happy Thanksgiving!