Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Some Quilting

I want to thank all of you have sent me prayers, hugs and shared your similar experiences.  You will never know how much this means to me.

I go tomorrow and have the savy tracker place in my left breast.  This will help the surgeon access the right spot.  My surgery is scheduled for Monday the 21st at 9:30 am.  I will be happy to get this part over with.

I have been able to work on a few projects.


This is the final block for Pat Sloan's Out of this World Sew Along.


This is the completed top.  I am going to add a 2" inner border of the black fabric and then a 3" outer border of the background fabric.  I'll use the black fabric for the binding.  This is going to happen after my surgery.

I purchased Layer Cake of some Christmas fabric.  I had printed up a pattern for a Layer Cake Log Cabin quilt.


I have enough strips cut to make two table quilts.  I haven't sewn this blocks together yet but I love how it looks.  I have another Layer Cake that I want to make a couple more of these.  They will be Christmas gifts.


Did you see Lori's (Humble Quilts) latest sew along.  It was called Almost Amish.  Well I couldn't resist.


The original call for 9 blocks to make a square wall hanging.  I made an additional block to make a table runner.  I love how it turned out.  Thanks to Lori for another wonderful Sew Along.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the idea of the Christmas quilts as gifts - and good for you for turning Almost Amish into a table runner. It looks great!

Julierose said...

Just really love that Log Cabin--really nice fabrics..your LH SAL Almost Amish came out beautifully--
Best of luck and know that my thoughts are with you for the
best outcome.......
hugs, Julierose

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your Almost Amish project--so lovely! Take care!

Janet O. said...

Love the colors in your Pat Sloan SAL.
I like those Christmas cabins.
Great idea to make a table runner out of Lori's SAL.
Wishing you well with your surgery--will keep you in my prayers.

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lakegaldonna said...

Wishing the best for you on Monday's surgery. We all care. Thank you for sharing with us even though you don't know us.

Kyle said...

We'll all be thinking about you 💖

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Some good quilting as a positive distraction as you await surgery. I love how the blue just glows in your Almost Amish top.

Lori said...

I hope the sewing is taking your mind off the upcoming procedure!! Lots of hugs.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your table runner version of Almost Amish is beautiful. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery too. From a 20+ year survivor.

Nancy said...

I love how you arranged the colors for your Almost Amish quilt table runner, Cathy. It is just gorgeous! Did you know in advance what would happen -- that the red and white inside the blue would move forward and the grey and turquoise would recede? Of all the ones I've seen, this is the most stunning.
I hope you're feeling better and better each day. I'm guessing you're home already but maybe not quite up to par? Take care.

Bbet99 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.