Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Dearest Boy and more

Time is flying.  I can't believe after this reveal we will be starting the last row of our Dearest Boy quilt.  I am ready to get this quilt done.



 This month's block is the strawberry block.  I didn't do the flowers...I'm just really busy.  But I think it looks fine.

I've got such a busy second half of the month so I'm not sure if I will get the next block finished or not.

My Upper Peninsula Granddaughter Ashley (the hockey player) is graduating from High School.  She is having a graduation party on the 25th and we will be going up early and coming home after Memorial Day.  So not sure if I will get the next block finished.

Be sure to stop by Karen's , Julie's and Carole's Blogs to see what they have done.


I also worked on my Cheddarback quilt blocks.




 Here are this months blocks.




Here are all the blocks sewn together.  I am really loving this quilt.


Next we have the May block for Pat Sloan's BOM Out of This World.



I haven't worked with Batiks in a while and I like how the blocks are turning out.


Another of Pat Sloan's quilt alongs...Flower Bouquet.  This on is a block a week.  I just got the pattern for the last block section so I can finish this quilt up.  Here is Block 19.



Well thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying some beautiful weather like we are.  Today I met my daughter at a park near her work and we walked on her lunch hour.  It's been quite a while since I have walked due to bad weather and I felt every step.  But it was great to get out and spend some time with her.

Hugs, Cathy


11 comments:

Karen said...

I was wondering how each of us would tackle the strawberry blocks. I have not looked at the next block pattern. Just get yours done when you can.

Cathy, your pieced blocks look oh so neatly done. I am working on pieced blocks and they don't always look as good as yours.

Janet O. said...

You chose some great fabrics for your strawberries. They appear to have the little seeds on them.
Look at you go on the Cheddarback quilt! Looks really good.
I love the way batiks press so neatly--very crisp points. That is a lovely block!
I don't know how you keep up with all of your SALs--and now to be traveling, too. Good luck, and safe journey!

julieQ said...

I just love your strawberries!! All the blossoms would never fit into the space, so I just made one. Pretty cheddar back blocks!!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love those strawberries! I don't think anyone will miss the little flowers! Have a great time at the graduation!

belarmina said...

Cathy tus fresas se ven bien, Nadie pensara en las flores.
Disfruta de tu viaje y de tu nieta.
Saludos

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your strawberries--the fabric choices are perfect! Cheddarback is looking good too. I'm enjoying making it too--some blocks are pretty challenging, but worth the effort. Now I'm on the search for my cheddar backing!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Beautiful strawberries Cathy! I agree they dont need the flowers. Love all of your perfectly pieced blocks.

Karen said...

Are you looking ahead to another sew-along?

Kyle said...

A super cute block. Enjoy your trip up to the UP for your granddaughter 's graduation

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good Cathy! I am hoping to start on Cheddarback soon. Downsizing house now - paperwork, furniture, books, and clothes getting ready to have new carpet laid next month. Today will be day number 5 doing this and it should be the last!

Have a fun time with all the graduations and other events. Like all of your work!

Allie said...

Ooh your strawberries look delicious!!! Love all your blocks. Enjoy your time with family and congratulations to Ashley!!!!