Sunday, February 17, 2019

An Update

Lots of bad weather and a lot of sewing being done.


I started the Barbara Brackman new BOM "Hospital Sketches".  However since I'm already working on too many projects I opted on doing the smaller version of the blocks called "Sprouts".


Very doable with the time I have available.  Cute too!.



My UFO for February is my "Simple Summer Sampler" by Sentimental Stitches.  I started out needing to make an additional 33 blocks.  I'm happy to say I only have 5 blocks left to make.  Hopefully I will have a quilt top by the end of the month.



I couldn't get all the blocks together at once on my design wall so I had to take 2 photos.  5 blocks to go and I can start assembling the quilt.


I finally got the red border done on my Folk Flowers quilt.


I'm not in a rush to finish this one.  The next border will be the same fabric as the applique blocks and will have vines, flowers and birds appliqued.



Next up is Pat Sloan's "Flower Bouquet" BOW.  A new block pattern is given every Wednesday for 20 weeks.


I didn't realize when I started working on this that I am using the same fabrics in my "Simple Summer Sampler".  However I am using the same background fabric in all of the Flower Bouquet blocks.



And finally the second block in Pat Sloan's "Out of this World" BOM


I'm using batiks and a background fabric with writing on it.



So you can see with the snow, sleet and winds I've had plenty of time to get some sewing done.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my projects.

Hugs, Cathy

13 comments:

Robin said...

You are one busy lady. it looks like you are going to have a finish in no time on your sampler quilt. the "Out of this World" block has a mysterious look to it, like there's a hidden message there.

الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Needled Mom said...

How nice it is to have all that sewing time. I'm loving all of your blues. The appliqued flowers are so pretty too.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great work! I love the folk flowers!

Janet O. said...

I like the idea of the "Little Sprouts" blocks, and I love blue/white quilts! Wonderful collection of blocks!
And Folk Flowers is adorable.
Your Pat Sloan block is very pretty. Love the batiks.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love all of them. Interesting that we can get so much more done depending on the weather - Summer time down here is the best time to stay inside!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

My you have been busy! I now wish I had simply done the "sprouts" as yours is lovely. I am enjoying the big block, but those sprouts are calling me too. Never enough time!!

Lori said...

So many darling projects! My fav is Folk Flowers!! The border sets it off nicely.

julieQ said...

Loving your new floral block...I must check that one out!! Such a lovely post...your sampler makes me chomp at the bit to work on one too!!

Kyle said...

Each of your projects are wonderful. Love those Folk Art Flowers. The weather may be ugly, but your blocks are beautiful.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love all your projects, especially the folk flowers--so charming!

Karen said...

Folk Flowers is a good finish. At least one thing off your plate. Your "sprout" is cute in the small size. I haven't done anything toward participating in those blocks but feel I want to.