Sunday, May 27, 2018

A Little Bit

I gotten just a little bit of sewing done.  I've been going through bags of scraps trying to tame them.  Alas no luck.  They are such wild creatures.  LOL

I tried a new Accuquilt die I recently purchased for a Lemoyne Star block.  I used Christmas fabric.



While going through bags and boxes of fabric in my sewing room I came across this patriotic Christmas fabric.  I had a problem matching up the pieces in the block.  Finally I pulled out the cover of the die and read the directions.  When I cut the fabric to put it in the cutter the pieces were backside to backside.  The instructions say the fabric needs to be right sides up.  It truly made a difference when I started to piece the blocks.


I made another block for my Red and Green quilt.  Although this one is pink.




 I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  I need to pick the next bock to work on.

I've been working on blocks for my Dear Boy quilt.  I figured I needed to get a head start on some of the blocks as some are very challenging.  We will be posting pictures of the second block on the 30th.


I wanted to share a couple of photos of 2 of my granddaughters.

First up is Ashley.  She is the hockey player.  They were State Champs again this year.




This is her prom picture.

Next is Cassidy.  She plays baseball.  This is here official baseball picture.



I'm so proud of all my grand kids. 

Our oldest grandchild and only grandson, Brian is getting married in June.  And my granddaughter Alecia is taking college courses.  She had a tough time in high school which makes it so wonderful that she is continuing her education.  We are so proud of her.

I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend.  

Hugs, Cathy 

8 comments:

Karen said...

I like the pink floral wreath for your "red & green" quilt. I found some of my blocks that are from that same set of patterns.
Nice looking grandchildren. They grow up so fast

julieQ said...

What a gorgeous wreath! I love it!! Your grandchildren are so darling and dear.

Lori said...

Lovely granddaughters!
Great blocks!! Sometimes I wish I had one of the die cutters.
Love that wreath!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Interesting block that you made with the cutter. I am still hand cutting.... old fashioned! Very beautiful grand daughters and yes great that she is continuing her education! Have a great day!

viviene joeli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Needled Mom said...

I love your Christmas block and the pink one is gorgeous too.

Congratulations to all the grands. Isn't it exciting to watch them grow up?

julieQ said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog, Cathy...hope you have a great day!

Cathy said...

I wish I knew where the comments are going...lol. This post disappeared and I had to repost it. Hugs