Saturday, September 23, 2017

It's Been Hot

And I do mean hot with high humidity.  I haven't got much sewing done because it's hard to see with sweat running into my eyes.  We had a long cold spell so I had hubby take out the air conditioners....Big mistake.

Well I did get a little sewing done.  I put together the top half of my flowers quilt.  The colors are really off in this photo.  The blues in the triangle squares are not that bright.


And now that I look at it I see that I have sewn a section of triangle squares in the upper right wrong.  Errr.....I guess I need to do some reverse sewing and get this fixed.  Oh well.

I hope you are having a great weekend.  We know how I'm going to be spending mine.

Thanks for stopping by.  

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Karen said...

I am sorry you are dripping sweat. I think you should ask Santa for central air. A luxury for your area of the country.
Your quilt is looking oh so good. I have my fabrics set out for the triangle units but that is as far as I have gotten.

Needled Mom said...

You must be getting our fall heat. Our furnace actually came on for the first time this morning.

The blocks look wonderful. I would not have noticed the triangles. Thank goodness for cameras to find our mistakes.

Julierose said...

We are having a heat wave here, too--I thought we were all done with that--not a fan (lol) of heat/humidity!!
I have had to "reverse engineer" on quilting, knitting, embroidery....you name it...
and so it goes--I think your quilt is lovely hugs, Julierose

julieQ said...

It is hot, hot, hot here also! I am in love with your and Karen's flowers...what a fun quilt!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You must live up North if you are taking out A/C. I've seen a couple of leaves fall here in Texas and am getting excited, but it's still in the 90s. I love Fall, but it is usually not long enough for me. Hope you cool off soon.

Love your blocks.

Kyle said...

The flower vase blocks look terrific together. Stay cool. I have two sheat shirts on today.

Barb said...

hope it cools off soon - it's hot here in CT too.
I have to chuckle as there is no way knowing what might be "wrong" without looking at the pattern. I think it all looks great.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

So fun to see all these fun blocks together. I don't think anyone but you would know the triangles are "wrong" . I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the quilt. Stay cool!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I hate the heat most of the time, but I hate it most when I want to sew and I keep sticking to the needles!