Monday, April 17, 2017

One Week Later

It's been a week since I had my second Carpal Tunnel surgery.  I'm more sore this time and more bruised.  But I'm able to get back to sewing.  I planned ahead and got some projects cut out.

First up.


Here are the first 2 blocks from the Buttermilk Basin BOM from 2015.  I decided I need to start working on this again.  I have the next block prepped and ready to go.

I decided to add some different blocks to the friendship quilt I have been working on.  This is from the Fat Quarter Shop.


These blocks are called Box in a Box.


I started a new project....I know who would have believed it....lol





The quilt is called "Vivid Grid" and it is a Color Girl Quilts pattern.  I found it in the latest issue of Quilts and More.  I'm using a couple jelly rolls designed by Primitive Gatherings.

And finally...


This is a project I started years ago and then ran out of steam.  The block pattern is called "Bow Tie Log Cabin".  The blocks are 6".  I just got tired of looking at the project box with the blocks in it.  So I pulled them up and found I had 36 blocks.  I sewed them together 6 rows with 6 blocks.  Once my hand gets stronger I will machine quilt it and I will have a new table quilt.

Thanks for the well wishes and for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sorry to hear that the second surgery was not as "happy" as the first. Hope all will be back to normal soon!

julieQ said...

I am sure hoping you will heal quickly! The box in the box quilt really is so pretty in blues and browns...and love that log cabin variation...it is perfect!

Janet O. said...

Sorry this surgery caused more trouble--hope you have a quick recovery!
I like the way you are bordering the BB wool blocks.
That Bow Tie Log Cabin is very striking! Really like the effect created when the blocks are put together. : )

Karen said...

Interesting log cabin design. I am reviewing old projects that are begging to be completed. But also finding new projects I want to start. So am doing a bit of both.
Glad to know you are on the mend and hope you are fixed up for good.

Nancy said...

I love, love, love your bow tie log cabin quilt. It is a pattern and design that is completely new to me. It's too bad it's so small (because I think it would be great larger enough for a cuddle or a bed) but I can understand running out of steam with some blocks.

How wise of you to get some project together before your surgery. It's too bad you're more sore and bruised. When we have two identical surgeries done in sequence we assume the second will go like the first (and look forward to the second when the first went well) but they don't always have equal results. I hope it heals soon and that you'll appreciate the benefits of the surgery.

By the way, I love the quilt you have in your blog header. I made some similar blocks not long ago (and am quilting them just now) but used a different setting and different backgrounds. I think your white looks great for this quilt!

Needled Mom said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. I LOVE that log cabin pattern!!

Ariane said...

Wishing you a quick recovery!!! Your blocks all look beautiful! Your bow tie log cabin quilt top is WOW!!!! Love it!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the sewn-together bow tie log cabin piece - it is wonderful just the way it is (not larger). Sending healing thoughts - congrats for getting through both surgeries, too.

em's scrapbag said...

So many wonderful projects. I love the bow tie log cabin! Congrats on getting it pieced.

Kyle said...

You have jump right back into working and creating. Maybe that's the best therapy!

Allie-oops Designs said...

I'm praying you heal quickly, and completely - I know you must be itching to be stitching! I LOVE all your projects, girl, that bow tie log cabin is awesome, and those Buttermilk Basin blocks are too sweet!! Keep well hon and enjoy the sunshine if you can....

Barb said...

hope you are healed and feeling better - your ongoing projects look great.
I've never seen the bow tie log cabin before. Very Nice!