Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Few Finishes

I'm trying to finish up a few projects before my Carpal Tunnel surgery on Monday.


This is block 3 for the Red and Green BOM.



This is block 13 for my Sally Post quilt.  I still have block 14 prepped and ready to go.


I got all the blocks sewn for my Cross Terrain quilt.  I put them up on my design wall and played with them till I was happy with the placement.  I took the blocks down and clipped them together by rows with binding clips.  I got one row sewn together.  Hopefully I can start sewing sometime next week.


This morning we went to watch my granddaughter Ashley play hockey.  She had one game last night (they won) and one game at 10:00am.  We had about an hour drive to get there.  It was like a family reunion.  All four of my kids were there and 3 of my grandchildren.  My brother and his wife were there and even my ex-husband came.  It was a nice time.  Ashley's team won 8-0 and she scored a goal.  They have 2 games tomorrow.  I'm hoping to make it.

Monday I have my surgery scheduled for 6:00am.  Hopefully I will only have a few days down time.  Until then I hope you get some sewing done. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Wishing you you a quick recovery from your surgery!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery--sounds like your family had a good "hockey" reunion.

Rebecca in AK said...

You do such a beautiful job on you applique! Cross Terrain is an interesting design. That was great so many family members could make it to the games. It is so hard to get everyone together sometimes. I hope all goes well with your surgery and you will heal quickly!

Karen said...

You have plenty prepped to stitch on once you can do it again. I had to keep my arm bent upwards and working the hand for several days. Kept me from having to go to physical therapy after surgery. Good luck.
Enjoyed seeing your blocks. Especially the red and green one.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you are back to stitching ASAP!

Janet O. said...

Hope your surgery goes well.
Two very pretty applique blocks!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful blocks Cathy. Hooray for your granddaughter & her hockey team! Wishing you well on your surgery today, with a full and speedy recovery!

Lori said...

Gorgeous blocks! Sounds lime a fun time at the game. Good luck with surgery, dear friend.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Praying your surgery went well - and that Ashley's team keeps winning, hooray!!! Love love love your blocks and that gorgeous quilt!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love these blocks. I hope the surgery went well and that you will be back in the pink (and all the rest of the colors too) really soon!