Tuesday, June 14, 2016

BOM's

I'm still trying to catch up on my Cabot Cuties and wouldn't you know I got a sew of new patterns today.  So now I need to catch up quicker....LOL






The majority of these blocks are paper pieced.  They finish at 4 1/2"  I've got 3 blocks set aside because they are really difficult.  I'm saving them for a day when I have nothing else to do.


I also finished a couple of 1857 Sampler blocks.




The leaf block was suppose to be 4 separate leaves.  I made it all one piece.



This is the 2nd block for the Red and Green quilt that is designed b Legend and Lace.


Junes block for the Sugar Club BOM.  I may redo it as the top of the leaf doesn't have enough contrast.


Last Saturday we went to Ann Arbor to visit my grandson Brian and his fiance Jess.  They took us out to lunch and then to visit the Botanical Gardens.  I'm sharing a few of the photos I took.  Too many to show at one time.



Brian among the Cacti


Jess among the Cacti


They had a tropical room and a desert room.  These are the desert plants.


 Agave







So much beauty there.  Next time I'll share some more photos from the tropical room.  I also have some from outdoors.  I really love this place.  We are planning to go back again in the fall to see more.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nice work on the blocks. I especially love the red and green one.
Looks like a fascinating place to visit. Such a variety of cacti. I look forward to seeing the tropical room.

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are really lovely. I love the cacti plants.

Sharon said...

Wonderful blocks. Those little ones look pretty tough!

Great cactus shots. They are interesting plants. Thanks for sharing!

Kyle said...

It's hard to keep up with all those BOM's, but you're sure going great guns. I was at the botanical gardens a couple of years ago. It's a very cool place.

Barb said...

nice blocks and thanks for sharing the Cacti photos. I'll have to show my daughter - she is low key obsessed with Cactus.
I like flowers and lush plants, so I look forward to the tropical room!

Karen said...

You certainly made a lot of progress on the block of the month projects you have going. The Cabot Cuties are oh so good and I know they are small in size.

Lori said...

What amazing and unusual plants!
Nice job on all your lovely blocks.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm so glad I' not alone in participating in several see alongs--love seeing your progress!