Thursday, April 7, 2016

Under the Weather

But feeling much better.  Went to the Doctor's because I had no energy.  Turns out I had a UTI and my sugar was high.  They found sugar in my urine..(sorry).  Antibiotics cleared the infection and she put me on insulin.  It's been a little over a week and I'm feeling much better.

I managed to get a few hours of sewing done.



I got all the blocks made and sewn together for Cheri Payne's Scrap Basket Quilt along.  Next week we get the directions to finish it up.  These blocks are 4" finished.



These are March's Cabot Cuties II blocks.  Some were pieces some are paper pieced.  These are a $5 BOM from Sentimental Stitches.  I'm also working on her 1857 Sampler but have nothing to show at this time.



Finally the April Sugar Block Club block.  

Well done for the present.  Hoping the weather changes and it gets warmer then I can get out and walk.  Doctor said I need to get more exercise.

Thanks for stopping buy.

Hugs, Cathy

12 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you finally went to the dr. You've been sick for some time! Is the insulin temporary? I hope you are feeling better. I love your blocks!!

Kyle said...

Glad you're feeling better and even had time to sew.

Karen said...

I was wondering about you as you have been quiet. Glad you are doing better. Even feeling puny, you got several blocks made.

Janet O. said...

Glad you figured out what was wrong and are getting it taken care of.
Some great projects--my favorite is the collection of March blocks!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Cathy,
scared me a little at the beginning, but now everything is o.k., you are feeling better.
Love your blocks for your different projects, they are just wonderful.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Barb said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better -
Love those little 4" blocks.
Need to walk more? get a dog, lol. Coco and I go out in all kinds of weather. She loves rain which is a great way to give you a bath :)

Needled Mom said...

I hope you continue to feel better.

Allie said...

Wow glad you went to the dr. - gotta watch that sugar! I assume you're on pill form? I hope you feel better soon hon, and yes, that it does warm up soon - now that mum has my exercise bike, I'm not getting any exercise either! Love love love your blocks!

Rebecca in AK said...

So glad you went to the Dr.! Also glad you are feeling better! Hard to believe those blocks are only 4".

Ray said...

So sorry that you haven't been well. Your work is beautiful! Please take care of you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - those are really cool blocks!

Danice G said...

Hello Cathy. Hope you are feeling better by now. The quilts are beautiful :)