Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Weather Forcast

Cold and Sewing....

Yesterday was the first time I ventured out in a few days.  I have a Motorola Droid and a Verizon Tablet.  Both were acting up.  The battery was going bad in my phone and my tablet kept shutting down.  Well I got a new phone, Droid Maxx.  I love it.  It is so good to be able to use my apps without taking forever to download or blank out.  Turns out when I got my Tablet they downloaded everything from my phone.  Games and all.  And it took up almost all my memory.  So after deleting a bunch of things it is working fine.

Now to sewing....


I finally got the borders on this Monday Mystery.  Later today I will pin baste it so I can get ready to machine quilt it.  This is from last October.


I sewed what rows I could on my Primitive Sampler.  I had 3 applique blocks to make.  I finished one..2 to go.


I really love how the flower block turned out.  I can't wait to finish the other 2 blocks and then I can get it ready to quilt.  I think I am going to hand quilt it.  I'm going to add a smaller border in the dark gray and then a larger border using the light gray.


While getting my blocks ready I came across a block from Cheri Payne's Common Threads Quilt that just needed a little applique.


The colors don't show up well...but these are in dusty purples.  The fabric I used for the flower buds didn't cooperate to well so they look a little lumpy.


On the weight front....I have lost an additional 1 1/2 lbs.  I've not lost 8 pounds.  Pretty good considering I wasn't feeling well last week and didn't go to the gym.  I did go with my daughter last night.  Taking today off and going tomorrow.  I feel so much better and have more energy when I go.

That's it for today.  Stay warm and get some quilting done.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think your flower block looks really good.
Cute little baskets. : )
Congrats on the continued weight loss!

Karen said...

I still have not started on Common Threads. Not that I don't want to but other quilt projects keep luring me on to other new projects.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Congratulations on your weight loss--it sure is easier and more fun to pack on the pounds than take them off! Beautiful quilt and great progress

Needled Mom said...

I Love that snow and sewing forecast!

Congratulations on the additional loss.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What cute little baskets!

Way to go on the weight loss and exercise ... I've reached the age where I have to exercise if I'm going to see any movement on the scale.

Ray said...

Love the Primitive Sampler! Can't wait to see the completed top. Stay warm!!!

Carrie P. said...

those baskets are so cute.
congrats on your weight loss.

Allie said...

Ooh love these - glad you're having fun in your sewing room hon, I need to work on some machine projects so I have something to show on my blog, lol! Takes me forever by hand. Really love those little baskets!