Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Today Feels like Autumn

We've been having such strange weather.  The last few day's have felt like we should be building an ark.  We have had torrential downpours.  Most of the freeways here have been shut down in sections due to flooding.  Today the sun is shining but it is on the cool side and feels like Autumn.

With all the bad weather I have had time to get some sewing done and I got 2 quilts sandwiched and ready for quilting.

I finished the Aurifil BOM for August.


The photo doesn't show it but there is quite a bit of contrast between the button and the background.


Here are all the blocks together.

Next I finished the August blocks for Country Threads.  This month it was a row of blocks.


I used the same blue in each 8" block but a different brown and background.


When we went on vacation I had some Sally Post blocks prepped....but didn't get a chance to work on them.  I finally finished 2 of them.  Here is a picture of all the blocks I've finished together.


Slow but sure I a getting there.

I also added something to my "To Do" list.  I tested a quilt pattern for a designer I know.  I can't show it to you just yet.  But it is finished.

Today I am working on my Sugar Shack August block.  Then I have another commissioned quilt to start and 50 Reproduction fabric 9 patches.  I still have to finish the July blocks for my Hip Chicks BOM and I haven't received the August pattern yet.

Hopefully once I get these done I can get the 2 quilts that are sandwiched quilted.

I hope you have had better weather where you are and are having a great week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Rebecca in AK said...

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy! Love your Sally Post blocks especially! I hope your weather improves.

Karen said...

Oh, don't say Autumn. It will be here soon enough. I am seeing fall projects popping up on blogs already. I am still working on a 4th of July project.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm not ready for fall, although it's beginning to feel very fall-like here. You are so busy ... I feel like such a slacker in comparison. ;-)

Impera Magna said...

Love your button block... and all the others as well! You've been very busy...

The weather has been different this summer... when I left for work this morning, it was actually chilly out! 62 degrees.... a shock to the system, to be sure.

Loves to Quilt said...

Just how many BOMs do you belong to?? You must be busier than I am!

Allie said...

Wasn't that flooding awful? We drove through Huntington Woods a day or two later, I couldn't believe the mounds of stuff in front of the houses - and all the disaster teams!!! So sad. Glad you had a great vacation, and love all your projects - I'm so jealous, girl!!! I've been working on the same two all summer, lol.

Jen said...

HI!Cathy, you are busy with lots of projects,I love all the blocks they are looking lovely. I hope you are not being caught up in the flooding.

donna said...

Your blocks look great my dear. You can send some of the rain my way. It is finally feeling like fall her. But give it a minute since I am in Texas the weather will change in any minute. LOL!
Hugs
donna