Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July BOM's

I've finished some of my July BOM's.  I have 2 to go...Quilt Doodles and Hip Chicks.  They will have to wait till we come back from vacation.

First up is Country Threads.  We had to make 3 12" blocks.


There are so many large blocks for this quilt.  I have no clue as to the design or size.

Auriful BOM


These fabrics are so out of my comfort zone.  But I do like how it is turning out.  I'm still thinking of redoing the first block.

Globetrotting with Pat Sloan


The bottom right block is July's block.  I love Red White and blue quilts.


Sugar Shack BOM


Another set of blocks not in my usual colors.  But I am loving this quilt.  It will definitely be mine.  The bottom left block is for July.  Part of it was paper pieced.

This will be it for a couple of weeks.  We've been cleaning out the trailer, rearranging things and started packing.  I am so looking forward to this trip.  We will be going to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Headed to Marquette for a few days to pick up my Granddaughter Ashley and taking her camping. I can't wait to sit around a campfire.

Have a great couple of weeks and see you when we get back.  

Hugs, Cathy



12 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I'm being encouraged to step outside my comfort zone on some fabrics--yikes!
Camping sounds great--have fun

Impera Magna said...

Love all your blocks... and I love a challenge too, whether colors outside my comfort zone or fancy piecing!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Safe travels....

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love all your BOM blocks! What a nice variety of colors and fabrics. Have a wonderful trip!

Ray said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!

Rebecca in AK said...

You have so many great BOM going on! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Kyle said...

Have a fun vacation. Your blocks look terrific.

Barb said...

great blocks. you must be really organized to work on so many!

Karen said...

The Aurafil blocks colors remind me of the 50's. My mother had red congoleum on the kitchen walls that went up about 3/4 of the way.

Needled Mom said...

Those are a lot of BOMs!!! They look great. Will they all be finished at the same time?

Have a great trip to the UP. It is such a pretty area.

Allie said...

fantastic blocks girl - when do you sleep lol! Enjoy your vacation, my oldest is heading up this coming weekend for the Hiawatha Music festival. Gonna be a little cool for camping I think! Enjoy!

Jen said...

All the blocks are lovely and the quilts are beautiful in those colours. Enjoy your camping holiday.

Carrie P. said...

Great looking blocks.
wish I was going camping. I hope you had great weather and loads of fun sitting around the campfire. One of my favorite things to do when camping.