Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sewing Marathon

Whew....I'm beat.  I spent the weekend and part of yesterday making blocks and finishing quilt tops.

First up...


It looks a little wonky up on the design wall.  I can never get them exactly straight.  I LOVE how it turned out.  DH loves this one too.  This is my Country Threads 2013 BOM quilt.  Can't wait to start the 2014 BOM.

The second quilt top....


Again it looks wonky.  This one was bigger and I had a heck of time getting the quilt up on my design wall.  I need to get this one quilted right away as it is for my Granddaughter Ashley and I want to take it up to her next month.

The only thing I have left on my January "To Do" list is:


  1. 3 6" blocks for the Hip Chicks 2014 BOM.
  2. 2 blocks for the Country Threads 2014 BOM.
  3. 1 row of snowmen for the Quilt Doodles 2014 Sew a Long.
That should keep me busy for a few days....lol

I'm off to JoAnn's to pick up some quilt batts and backing for Ashley's quilt.  Thanks for stopping by, stay warm and get some quilting done.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Kindred Quilts said...

The quilts may look wonky on your design wall, but they are wonderful!!!

Impera Magna said...

Your quilt tops look just fine... I don't see how anyone can get a truly "straight" photo of quilts without some $$$ camera equipment and a lot of skill... neither of which I have.

Good on you for finishing up these quilts. Beauties both of them! Have fun at JoAnne's!

:)

Maureen said...

Keep it up! You are on a roll!

Carrie P. said...

great way to spend the weekend. they both look great.

Kyle said...

Both tops are fantastic!3

GCamden said...

They both look great. I love the colors!

Lucy said...

Lovely tops!

donna said...

Your quilt look gorgeous. You really have been smoking your sewing machine. lol
Hugs
donna