Friday, February 8, 2013

Another Finish..

Another finish and 3 more ready to go.



I finished my "Grannies Scrap Box" for the "Simply Charming" sew-a-long.  This is my January/February quilt.  Now I need to pick a quilt for March/April.

Yesterday morning I sandwiched this quilt and 3 others.  One was a mini quilt I made 2 years ago from leftover triangle squares from other projects, one was my hatchet quilt, and the third was my Cheri's Quilts quilt-a-long.  The first three are going to be machine quilted and the Cheri quilt is going to be hand quilted.  Hopefully I can get the mini and the hatchet quilted today.

I woke up this morning to about 5" of snow.  It is still blowing out there but is suppose to stop this afternoon.  We've been lucky so far this year...but I think Mother Nature is going to get the last laugh.

I was going over old posts the other day and realized that my Blog Anniversary was in January.  It has been 2 years since my first post.  I sometimes wonder what I did before blogging...lol   I decided that I want to do a giveaway.  I will post information next week sometime.

Speaking of Anniversary's....Sunday my hubby and I will have been married 24 years.  We have had fun these last 24 years and I know there is more to come.  As some of you may know, he retired a year ago October.  We bought a new vehicle and a 26' travel trailer.  So far we have only gone on one trip... to Assateague Island in Maryland.  But look forward to lots of camping and traveling this year.  So I am trying to get lots of sewing and quilting done while it is cold out because even though I have a spot for my sewing machine and projects in the trailer I know I won't get as much done this summer.

So stayed tuned next week for news of the giveaway, stay warm or cool depending on where you live and get lots of quilting done.

Hugs, Cathy


9 comments:

Yvette said...

Your mini looks great. I think I will make that one too this month.

Happy Anniversary!

Janet O. said...

I started with that mini, too, but mine is still just on my design board. : )
Yours looks great, Cathy.
Happy blogging anniversary and wedding anniversary! In about 3 months I will hit my two year blog mark as well.

Carrie P. said...

Yay! a finish. so cute.
Happy Anniversary. I know you are probably itching to go camping again. I look forward to seeing where you go this summer.

Terry said...

I love your little quilt! I think that one is what I'll make next! Happy Anniversary! :0)

Betty Lou said...

Lovely use of charm squares, you have been a busy girl. Congratulations on your two year anniversary, which reminds me that I celebrated my two anniv. In January also. Time flies when you are having fun! I'm quite sure that you and I connected soon after we started blogging.

Mama Pea said...

Congrats! I always forget my Blogiversary, too. I feel the same as you....What did I do before blogging? It honestly has changed my life.

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on your lovely finish!

Happy anniversary to you and your DH! Wishing you lots of adventures in the future!

Allie said...

Really cute little quilt Cathy, and congrats and Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! We got about 5 inches of snow too, are you longing wildly for summer yet, lol? I know I am....

Lesley said...

Love your grannie's quilt! Will plan to make one of these as well. Your fabrics are great!