Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Look What I Made Yesterday

I was going through some fabric trying to find some fabric for the next Scrap Squad Quilt and I came across some red 2 1/2" red squares and 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" off white rectangles.  I laid the red squares on top of the off white rectangles and sewed corner to corner on the red squares.  This is what I came up with.


It was so nice to piece, quilt and bind a quilt in one day.  The dark spots on the quilt are from the marker I used to mark the quilt for machine quilting.  They are almost gone.

Any day I should be able to reveal my Quiltmaker Scrap Squad quilt.  We've already been given the pattern for the next quilt and I've started working on it.  I am sooooo busy but I love it.

Wishing you a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Way to go! It's really neat to finish a quilt in a day. Way to go!

Anne said...

Well done and congrats on your achievement. It always feels so good to finish something. The quilt looks great. :0)

Betty Lou said...

Nice little quilt-----your created an original.

Janet O. said...

Cute little quilt. Nice job!
I'll be interested to see your Scrap Squad quilt!

antique quilter said...

great little quilt , these are my favorite kind
use your stash , start and finish in one day!
Kathie

Allie said...

That is a darling little quilt Cathy! And I can't wait to see your reveal, woohoo!

Maureen said...

Very cute! I love this pattern - the angled stars. Fun to finish something so quickly.

libbyquilter said...

that does feel good and it turned out quite cute.

sounds like the scrap squad project is keeping you very busy. i'm beginning to get very curious . . .

:-D
libbyQ

Talin's Corner said...

I am so jealous. How did you make a quilt in one day? Great job.