Monday, July 25, 2011

Back From Vacation...

It was really hot up north.   We cooled out by riding around and visiting waterfalls.

These are Agate Falls.  I had not been here since I was a kid.  My son decided we needed to go off the beaten path to get a better view.  I am not a mountain goat.  But I went.  Had to be pushed back up.  LOL


These are Bond Falls.  Years ago me, my husband, Mom and Dad visited these falls.  We had to climb down a gully to get there.  This time was much easier.  They have built a very nice boardwalk which made it real easy to get to the falls. 


We took a short walk near the edge of the falls.  Made for a nice picture of my GD Ashley.


My son pointed out this little critter.  Well maybe not so small.  But he was a nice looking Snapping Turtle.


Up above the falls while enjoying Ice Cream in the shade we came upon this mother Duck and her 6 Ducklings.  They were so much fun to watch.


On our way home my husband spotted this eagle.  Earlier in the day we had stopped so Ashley could go swimming.  The area was home to quite a few eagles.  I saw one soar down and catch a fish not far from where we were standing.  Unfortunately my camera was in the car.

Next day my son Patrick too me, my husband and Ashley for a full day Jeep ride. (I'm telling you my underside still hurts).  We went down roads that I never thought any vehicle would make it through.  We barely did...lol


We had to climb down to see these No Name Falls.  Small but sweet.


We headed back into town and walked along Lake Superior in Marquette.  In the background are the ore docks.

Off again to higher elevations....


This is the view from Marquette Mountain.  It is so beautiful up there.

Although it was very hot we had a great time.  Lots of quality time with the family.  The only quilty part of the vacation was Ashley picked out the pattern for the next quilt she wants me to make her.  It is going to be a plaid quilt.

We got home late Saturday, and vegged all day Sunday.  Today I get to get back to quilting.

Wishing you all a quilty day.

Hugs, Cathy

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time...and thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of the falls.

Impera Magna said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time... what beautiful falls and countryside... glad you're home safely!

Janet O. said...

Love visiting waterfalls. They are hypnotic to me. Beautiful views--thanks for sharing this.

Allie said...

Beautiful pics hon - hubby and son are on the way home right now - I can tell you as hot as it was up there, it was hotter here! So glad you had a great time, the pic of Ashley is darling!

Talin's Corner said...

Love all your nature pictures. What a lovely vacation, thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Welcome home! Pics are just beautiful!

Betty Lou said...

Welcome Home, the scenery is beautiful. Hope it was relaxing.

Lori said...

Wow, it looks like a fun time visiting beautiful places!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Beautiful!